• Other(explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
Let's clarify what NEET here really means. Not in Employment, Education or Training. That means no studycels, no trainingcels, no apprenticels. If you make any kind of money or your own (even if sitting at home on a computer), you are NOT a NEET. Taking online classes or self learning coding or any skill to gain future employment is also out.

Last edited:
T

THE NEWer HONKLER

Banned
Aug 13, 2022
Just to clarify. Working without income counts as NEETdom. So jannies cannot be "employed" just for being jannies alone
nerd-emoji-nerd.gif

rainghost

rainghost

NEET
Oct 21, 2022
Not a neet. I guess that means I'm a failed normie?

If the internet in 2022 was like it was before 2015, I'd be able to recover and move on. Because it used to be easier to find people to talk to & share a laugh with. Nowadays being online makes me feel worse. After the past two years, it genuinely feels like the internet is nothing but an empty shell of what it used to be. :sick:

I have a feeling all the healthy people from my generation simply stopped bothering to go online anymore. There's zero appeal unless you're into Tiktok & Instagram.

KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
Not a neet. I guess that means I'm a failed normie?

If the internet in 2022 was like it was before 2015, I'd be able to recover and move on. Because it used to be easier to find people to talk to & share a laugh with. Nowadays being online makes me feel worse. After the past two years, it genuinely feels like the internet is nothing but an empty shell of what it used to be. :sick:

I have a feeling all the healthy people from my generation simply stopped bothering to go online anymore. There's zero appeal unless you're into Tiktok & Instagram.
I think its a consequence of heavy censorship by mainstream websites. Also consider that nowadays literal kids occupy the internet. I'm not talking your average zoomer here. I'm talking literal 13 year olds. You can tell by their comments. I remember a time when even youtube comment sections used to be a great place

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
used to be when i joined
same. Are you part time wageslaving somewhere? I want to be neet again so bad but at the same time I dont want to deal with the jobcenter again that would make me suicidal. There is just no escape.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Yes. Almost been three years at this point, only one of those I actually received any meaningful amount of benefits. I need to go to job centre really to start getting benefits again but can't be bothered since my sanctions will be so harsh

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

neet for almost 9 yrs never worked hand atrophy
Dec 12, 2021
Yes. Almost been three years at this point, only one of those I actually received any meaningful amount of benefits. I need to go to job centre really to start getting benefits again but can't be bothered since my sanctions will be so harsh
How do sanctions work at JC? Do they punish you for being on it for a long time?

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
How do sanctions work at JC? Do they punish you for being on it for a long time?
I don't think so I just never answered phone calls, never signed in, never been in the job centre before so once the covid benefits ended they knocked me down to 12 every 2 months. Every 2 months it got lower until it hit 0. I'm sure it takes a while for sanctions to run out but if you're smart with it and actually go in/answer phone calls you can probs stay on it for ages

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Also consider that nowadays literal kids occupy the internet. I'm not talking your average zoomer here. I'm talking literal 13 year olds. You can tell by their comments. I remember a time when even youtube comment sections used to be a great place
To a certain degree that has always been the case. I was like 10 when I actively started using internet.

KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
To a certain degree that has always been the case. I was like 10 when I actively started using internet.
I was 19. But the difference is maturity from then and now is noticeable. Even the shitposting was better. And people were not literal snowflakes about everything.

KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
So late 20s? Same as me, surprising that you only started using internet at 19.
Different countries, different cultures and different parenting I guess. When I was in primary school, having a pc at home was not a luxury every middle class family in my city could afford. When I was in 8th grade my mom limited my pc gaming time to one hour PER WEEK. Used internet on PC for the first time in late high school. Mostly browsed internet on a Nokia phone. Did not have a proper high speed internet connection at home till I was in sophomore year of college.

rainghost

rainghost

NEET
Oct 21, 2022
I think its a consequence of heavy censorship by mainstream websites. Also consider that nowadays literal kids occupy the internet. I'm not talking your average zoomer here. I'm talking literal 13 year olds. You can tell by their comments. I remember a time when even youtube comment sections used to be a great place

True. I never realized that until one person I was arguing with once-- after just absolutely head-bashing-into-deskingly idiotic reasoning-- said he was 14.

Though I disagree that you can tell their comments apart from adults'. :feelstrash:

Retardinator

Retardinator

Not made for this world
Oct 12, 2022
No, I'm a student and also work in a warehouse. But in the free time I have, I mostly stay at home doing nothing. If I have free days, I don't go out (except maybe to buy some snacks), and spend my entire day infront of my PC or console.

Activity
So far there's no one here