Venting "Be grateful, there are people who have it a lot worse"

S

ScornedStoic

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
So sick of hearing this.

Don't get me wrong, I do try to practice gratitude for the few things I've had, and I recognize there are people in third world countries or who've had just utterly abysmal horrific physical deformities from birth, etc. Of course I practice gratitude that I didn't end up like that and sometimes that even makes me feel a little better.

But that's it. That's the height to which "gratitude" pulls me. I don't know if the people saying this have realized, but the argument they're levying works in the exact opposite direction too. If recognizing how many people have it that much worse than you should make you feel better, than recognizing how many people have it that much better tha you would obviously be equally as depressive in the opposite direction. And there are a lot more people in my country that have it visibly orders of magnitude easier and better than me. Of course that's going to be a more immediate source of concern.

It's not even just that they have it better than me, and trust me, in the West, 99.9% of people have it leagues better than me; but it's the kind of people I notice that do. Hardly any of them have ever had to work as hard as I have, nor do they appreciate what they have. They complain as much or most often, more than I do, about things absolutely mundane and pedestrian to me at this point in my life.

How could I not be resentful?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
It's like we are all soldiers lying in a hospital. Then a nurse comes to your bed and says:
"Hello [Your name], oh don't make such a grumpy face for losing your leg. Look next to you! Lieutenant xyz has lost both his legs. Other people have it worse than you. So be happy!"

T

THE NEWer HONKLER

Banned
Aug 13, 2022
It's like we are all soldiers lying in a hospital. Then a nurse comes to your bed and says:
"Hello [Your name], oh don't make such a grumpy face for losing your leg. Look next to you! Lieutenant xyz has lost both his legs. Other people have it worse than you. So be happy!"
one legged chad mogs double legged trucel

Straizer

Straizer

NEET
Apr 27, 2022
You are somewhat exaggerating even if you are the ugliest dude in canada you are still better than the whole population of nigeria and since you can type i assume you still have your arms intact, you are good my man. About people who are better than you yes it sucks but most of them actually worked hard for it so dont feel so bad, if you want to be better than them simply work more

WestEuropoor

WestEuropoor

Yes sir, i can boogie!
Oct 7, 2022
Gratitude is a concept forced upon us by the eternal jew

T

THE NEWer HONKLER

Banned
Aug 13, 2022
You are somewhat exaggerating even if you are the ugliest dude in canada you are still better than the whole population of nigeria and since you can type i assume you still have your arms intact, you are good my man. About people who are better than you yes it sucks but most of them actually worked hard for it so dont feel so bad, if you want to be better than them simply work more
kys

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
When you're as poor as a Nigerian slum dweller it takes your mind off the less important things in life. Neets have all the time in the world to dwell on things, most neets are sheltered by family or government. We have a lower tolerance for the stresses of life and since all our basic needs are met it's hard to find the motivation to go out there and overcome those stresses to build tolerance.

Straizer

Straizer

NEET
Apr 27, 2022
When you're as poor as a Nigerian slum dweller it takes your mind off the less important things in life. Neets have all the time in the world to dwell on things, most neets are sheltered by family or government. We have a lower tolerance for the stresses of life and since all our basic needs are met it's hard to find the motivation to go out there and overcome those stresses to build tolerance.
So basically you are suffering from success? Nice brag

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
So basically you are suffering from success? Nice brag
Yeah bro I'm a shining beacon of success, been giving talks in schools telling kids that if they just try hard enough they can be like me.
We may be better off financially but prosperity's a double edged sword. Most of us are weak, purposeless and defeated. No desire to improve because there's no need to. Maybe some people will try because their parents were successful but even then a lot of the people I knew with successful parents are working in warehouses or neet. Hard to find the motivation when your societies are dying and you're worse off than your parents

T

THE NEWer HONKLER

Banned
Aug 13, 2022
>Shaming someone for bragging about neetdom
Sir, this is neets.me not thirdworldproblems.me
actually its neets.net
nerd-emoji-nerd.gif

Alexander

Alexander

Wagie
Nov 26, 2020
It's ony comforting for an small moment , but it doesn't stop us from feeling like shit 24/7

With the exception of the sick and deformed ones , I look at some of the people who should have it worse than me or just as bad and they seem to be enjoying life more than me. They've adapted pretty well to the country's popular culture , they have realistic goals , they can grind , they can breed subhuman foids , they don't dwell in their inferiority as subhuman ethnics in third world. On the other hand , I grew up in the internet and was always interested in the culture of the superior countries and their beauty standarts which i could never fit into

KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
Shitty logic. Why should I be grateful or feel good that I have it better than some other people? Infact, I'm going to go ahead and seethe on their behalf too.

Activity
So far there's no one here