Discussion Business and Entrepreneurship is just a probability of luck and chance

L

Lolol900

Banned
Oct 8, 2022
Don't listen to stupid "Gurus" online who claim they can make you a millionaire by tomorrow. Business is a probability of chance and luck. You have to be there at the right time and place. Your business idea doesn't have to be a massively unique idea but something that hasn't been tried and tested before in the market and doesn't have much competition in it. Like for example an idea to develop a new social media application. It's a stupid idea because the competition in that market is already loaded with huge competitors. Or the idea to start a new business in a ridesharing application. Already tried and tested. You need to be the first one to start it, once you've made your money move onto new idea. That's business. It's about innovation.

Second big thing they don't tell you is. You need to be "making money" and have enough savings in your bank account before starting any business. You can't start from zero with no investments or savings. It doesn't work like that in the business world.

And thirdly most successful entrepreneurs were already rich and came from an upper class background so this zero to hero or high school dropout story is all horseshite. Of course you don't need a college degree when your dad is the owner of 900 different companies LOL.

Ultraman

Ultraman

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
When I was a kid in my house they used to buy Reader Digest selections and in the 80's editions they published many stories about people who created businesses. They were the typical stories of people who had nothing and then became millionaires.

Much later I found out that many of these stories were lies. They omitted a lot of information, they never said that the people came from families with money or resources. They only did it so that people would believe it, gross manipulation and deception. Maybe many people have fallen for those stories. I don't deny that some may be true, but it must be one in 1000.

You don't have connections or families with money, it's all uphill. It's amazing how they cheated. People were very gullible. Fortunately a lot of these myths are falling away.

Activity
So far there's no one here