Lifestyle Do you guys buy manga and anime merch?

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
you're not a true weeb unless you have anime figures and models and posters and manga shelves and whatever the fuck in your room.

so, do you guys have anything like it? I've been thinking about visiting my local anime shop checking the stuff out although I wouldnt consider myself a weeb.

wintersdream

wintersdream

Gura 🦈
Jun 24, 2023
I have a corgie kawaii plushie.
50B8C133 1021 440A 98EE CCF6D2893A00

D

dungeondragon

Banned
Jan 30, 2023
I hate owning physical things; used to own a fair amount of manga volumes. Recently sold the ones that survived and bought an e-reader. Wish I had known about this tech when I was younger, would have saved me a crap ton of money and headache. All books/manga on the e-reader are sideloaded. Thousands of books and a bit of manga on one portable device.

No longer consider myself a weeb. When I was younger, yes. But those days are long gone.

D

dungeondragon

Banned
Jan 30, 2023
how do you feel about it if you dont mind me asking? a retrospective reflection
It was an integral part of my developmental years and I am incredibly grateful for having had it introduced to me before it became mainstream. Have my small list of manga that I hold near and dear, and that is that. No need for anything more.

I remember making origami paper claws in Primary school, pretending to be Allen Walker from D Gray Man. Fairy Tail was my introductory manga, along with works like Death Note, Ultimo, Hitman Reborn. The experience was visceral.
Went on to read a fair amount more, mainly Seinen and Shounen. My interests are restrictive, so the well dries up fast.

Have rekindled my old passion for fiction books and couldn't be more content.
For all intents and purposes, if someone asks me if I like anime/manga, I'd answer no. Best to leave it in the past. Great memories that I do not want tarnished by modern stuff.

D

dungeondragon

Banned
Jan 30, 2023
could you recommend a few books?
I'm in the process of going down memory lane, either catching up on works I never explored or re-reading.
Stuff like the Alex Rider series, Flowers in the Attic, Bartimaeus Sequence, Stephen King novels, Twilight :feelscute:, Harry Potter, Eragon, Percy Jackson, The Chaos Walking trilogy - to name a few. I enjoy fantasy for the most part.

Nameless_sunflower

Nameless_sunflower

NEET
Sep 19, 2022
I'm in the process of going down memory lane, either catching up on works I never explored or re-reading.
Stuff like the Alex Rider series, Flowers in the Attic, Bartimaeus Sequence, Stephen King novels, Twilight :feelscute:, Harry Potter, Eragon, Percy Jackson, The Chaos Walking trilogy - to name a few. I enjoy fantasy for the most part.
sometimes I wish I was that guy who never read a single book

Activity
So far there's no one here