Do you root for the bad guys and villains in movies?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Are you one of those based assholes who bursts out laughing when the hero gets brutally killed by the villain?
When there is no happy ending in a movie and the audience is upset about it but you are sitting there smiling like a kid on Christmas?

A good example would be a movie like No country for old men. Love it. I'm not saying that all movies should be like that or try to force it that the villain wins (that would suck too, it needs to have a natural and logical progression) but we need more movies who are that unforgiving, that merciless.

Of course its always the question who is defined as the "bad guy" and who is the "good guy". But you get my point.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Showed us that we can fuck up people larger than us. Jerry's cousin is the only reason I bother exercising and he's an icon of inclusivity in the media

iu

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
Are you one of those based assholes who bursts out laughing when the hero gets brutally killed by the villain?
When there is no happy ending in a movie and the audience is upset about it but you are sitting there smiling like a kid on Christmas?

A good example would be a movie like No country for old men. Love it. I'm not saying that all movies should be like that or try to force it that the villain wins (that would suck too, it needs to have a natural and logical progression) but we need more movies who are that unforgiving, that merciless.

Of course its always the question who is defined as the "bad guy" and who is the "good guy". But you get my point.
I wouldn't necessarily say i consciously root for the villan but I definitely find them more interesting there pretty much the only reason I watch comic book movies

KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
Not really
I almost exclusively root for the good guy. The villian must be exceptionally unique and well written for me to be sympathetic

Activity
So far there's no one here