Venting Fake Christmas happiness

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
The whole year my dad is depressed, frustrated and most of the time doesn't even talk to me anymore. But during Christmas days he all of a sudden turns into a super happy british gentleman. Or like a Santa Claus on coke. Non-stop smiling, humming christmas tunes while wearing a cringe christmas sweater... it makes me sick. Where was all that love the entire year? Should just lock myself in the room 24/7.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
your dad living one day in a year
Lot of boomers and gen x are like that. Miserable all year but during those special holidays all of a sudden turn that fake persona on.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Today my father, uncle and their friend all gathered in the living room and had a conversation about their blood pressure medications.
How do you handle those gathering situations? You stay in your room and dont even say hello or are you expected to join them?

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
The whole year my dad is depressed, frustrated and most of the time doesn't even talk to me anymore. But during Christmas days he all of a sudden turns into a super happy british gentleman. Or like a Santa Claus on coke. Non-stop smiling, humming christmas tunes while wearing a cringe christmas sweater... it makes me sick. Where was all that love the entire year? Should just lock myself in the room 24/7.
Relatable that's like when my cousin called me on my birthday when she never returned my calls all year. Jus5 don't bother if your not consistently in my life.

My dad doesn't even call me on Christmas or any holidays for that matter. But if he did I'd tell him to gfhs. My mom can't even remember what day it is.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
How do you handle those gathering situations? You stay in your room and dont even say hello or are you expected to join them?
My father was looking me to put on a YouTube video on TV, it was a video of the neighbourhood in the 1960s so they could reminisce.
As soon as he called me I locked myself in the bathroom. My uncle ended up putting it on as he is better at using technology as he is aged 52.

Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

The Prince Of Istanbul
Sep 7, 2022
At least your father is happy a day

Mine is pscho all year

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
so what now u want your dad to not have a good day in his entire life is that it? :feelslol:

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

4:00 A.M.
Sep 11, 2021
Do you hate your father why don’t you like him to be happy even if it’s fake?

Activity
So far there's no one here