Forum size and monkey brain

RNT

RNT

Eternal Night
Aug 23, 2023
Everyone has heard humans can maintain only about 150 meaningful social connections - and equally no one ever bothered to check where this number comes from.

I did. It's called Dunbar's number.

The given number of 150 social connections is averaged and it is actually between 100 and 250. Beyond that, faces start to blur. Who IS that guy I went to school with?

Neets.Net, as it is, hovering right around the Dunbar number with 150 somewhat active posters in May. Tip it only so slightly and you will start losing track of users. They will be shouting into void and arguing with their own projections. Isn't everyone says .is is shit (now)? Isn't everyone says .org is shit? Maybe it is the Dunbar number.

Creators of multiplayer games hire professional psychologists and, if you play multiplayer games, surely you may have noticed they try to hog you into a small band of other users. Do they, yes? I'm sure they do. They are doing it deliberately. Because they know better.

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

Summertime
Sep 11, 2021
That’s why an anime avi is a must the stand out in the crowd
IMG 3212

RNT

RNT

Eternal Night
Aug 23, 2023
Yes that’s the meta even OP has an anime avi
Seriously consider this one, but people would project incels.is forum experience onto me.

Pentagram

Anime girl it is, so sick puppies won't get immidiately offended.

This is the first time in my life I've ever heard this tbh
Everyone talking about social media used to bring up this number, you can't have 2,500 "friends" and know who they are.

Now you know about it too. "It's nice to be be sixteen, I'm already halfway dead".

lifesucksandyoudie

lifesucksandyoudie

Otocolobus manul Lore Appreciator
May 10, 2024
That’s why an anime avi is a must the stand out in the crowd
View attachment 137108
Wouldn't everyone getting an anime avi make anime pfps the meta? Once everyone is an anime avi then it loses its uniqueness and defeats the entire purpose of using an anime avi.
I can't even consistently tell apart the users with 2D foid avis here due to this

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here