Venting GTA IV is the most overrated game ever

parzurnacs

parzurnacs

Dovahneet
May 12, 2023
After so many years of trying to bring myself to play this game I finally managed to pull it off, and I have to say it's the worst GTA game of them all, and definitely the most overrated game out there (98 on Metacritic)

Game is dull, story is boring, missions aren't fun, and all of the map is just boring building. The missions are, in fact, extremely repetitive, you either go kill some people or chase some people every single time. For more than 20 hours. I completed the whole game in just 2 days and I still kept forgetting about characters every time I met them again, most are very forgettable. The problem with this game is that it tries to take itself too seriously, when GTA games are supposed to be fun.

I actually couldn't technically finish the game, because at the ending mission there's a bug in Xbox Series related to fps where you have to smash a button to climb a helicopter and it doesn't work because of the 60 fps, so I had to watch the last minutes on Youtube lmao.

The only thing I liked was the most hated thing on the game, the hard driving mechanics. I like having a bit of realism in driving but then again I ended up using taxi to go from place to place most of times because 1. I wanted to finish game asap and 2. There's not much to explore unlike on other GTA's because this one is extremely dull.

Ultraoverrated/10

Last edited:
Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
After so many years of trying to bring myself to play this game I finally managed to pull it off, and I have to say it's the worst GTA game of them all, and definitely the most overrated game out there (98 on Metacritic)

Game is dull, story is boring, missions aren't fun, and all of the map is just boring building. The missions are, in fact, extremely repetitive, you either go kill some people or chase some people every single time. For more than 20 hours. I completed the whole game in just 2 days and I still kept forgetting about characters every time I met them again, most are very forgettable. The problem with this game is that it tries to take itself too seriously, when GTA games are supposed to be fun.

I actually couldn't technically finish the game, because at the ending mission there's a bug in Xbox Series related to fps where you have to smash a button to climb a helicopter and it doesn't work because of the 60 fps, so I had to watch the last minutes on Youtube lmao.

The only thing I liked was the most hated thing on the game, the hard driving mechanics. I like having a bit of realism in driving but then again I ended up using taxi to go from place to place most of times because 1. I wanted to finish game asap and 2. There's not much to explore unlike on other GTA's because this one is extremely dull.

Ultraoverrated/10
it felt fun in the childhood. although I only played dlcs or whatever the fuck - about the bikers and the gay tony. I remember hanging out at some night club also the golf field mission KEK

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
Yeah the GTA games are good only for two things:

1. Mindlessly driving around and blowing shit up. The driving part especially fuck I love driving in a sandbox game, such a rare experience surprisingly. Most games where you can drive are about racing and I hate that. I want to drive but in a game that's not about driving.

2. SAMP, as in San Andreas multiplayer. It's what GTA V servers that twitch streamers play are now. But it was so muc hbetter. I tried these GTA V servers and they're dogshit compared to what SAMP was. Holy shit it was amazing. 1000 players online at the same time, grinding levels, grinding money, joining factions, buying and selling shit, buying houses and cars, forming clans.

PlutoThePlanetCel

PlutoThePlanetCel

NEET
May 13, 2022

The only thing I liked was the most
Most gta games are just going to point a killing everyone and then go to point b when rockstar tries to create something different they do a shit job at it remember that yoga mission or scouting the port from gta V.Yea that shit sucks.

Last edited:
PlutoThePlanetCel

PlutoThePlanetCel

NEET
May 13, 2022

Ultraoverrated/10
I loved it tbh
Most gta games are just going to point a killing everyone and then go to point b when rockstar tries to create something different they do a shit job at it remember that yoga mission or scouting the port from gta V.Yea that shit sucks.
I wanted to post this not edit the previous post jfl

Lord Rottermere

Lord Rottermere

NEET
May 9, 2021
I enjoyed it when I played it on ps3 back in the day.

I remember the slavoid main character was likeable. I'll never forget when he says to his cousin, 'you call yourself a real man, but you read self help books.' jfl..

guttapåromet666

guttapåromet666

NEET
Nov 17, 2023
it is pure garbage. shitty map, gay characters etc. gta iv is way better.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
It's just the nostalgia factor. I remember sticky bombing the helicopters on the online missions and then laughing my ass off when everyone was seething at me. Good days

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Ultraoverrated/10
shut the fuck up zoomie.

you don't know what you're talking about.

go play your Cybershit or something.

Respect Me Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

DingDong

DingDong

NEET
Nov 3, 2023
The Grand Theft Auto series was extremely overrated. Don't care for GTA 6 neither, although from the trailer what's shown it looks accurate to modern America.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
I don't believe the zoomies here even realize that GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA SA, and GTA Vice City Stories were all made for the same fucking console. THE SAME FUCKING CONSOLE. And you call GTA SA OVERRATED? Man, get the fuck outta here.

go come on GIF by WWE

DingDong

DingDong

NEET
Nov 3, 2023
Another zoomie who has no clue about the world.

just shut the fuck up please.

eric bischoff facepalm GIF by WWE
OH JEE WIZZ, I SURE DO LOVE GOING FROM POINT A TO POINT B ALL THE TIME IN AN EMPTY BORING SAND BOX ENVIROMENT WITH LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO EITHER DOING THE SAME THREE FUCKING MISSIONS LIKE...

1. A shooting section
2. A boring everyday life task
3. A driving section

Activity
So far there's no one here