Guys, can you please help me? I need you to look at my father and I's fight, and tell me if I was in the wrong somehow.

• Thread starter anon1822thirdaccoun
  • Start date
anon1822thirdaccoun

anon1822thirdaccoun

NEET
Nov 12, 2022
I really didn't expect us to fight, we were getting along so well. But when reading this, assume I was somehow much brattier than I'm portraying myself, because maybe I was in the wrong, I'm not the best at social interactions and reading things between the lines.

Anyway, here's how it went:

My dad invites me to go out into the city for McDonalds (mom is not talking to us for like 2 weeks already, so we sort of wanted to get out of the house anyway). We go. Everything is fine and dandy.

But then, as we're nearing McDonalds, I propose that maybe we shouldn't eat there cause it's kinda expensive anyway, maybe we should go to the market and buy produce and all kinds of other things. He says he doesn't like this trait of mine, I'm just like my mother in this sense, that I always try to change things and am so indecisive.

To that I respond that I'm not indecisive, I'm just innovating, proposing new ideas. Anyway, I then say "would you mind if I didn't eat? Like, I want you to eat at McDonalds, but I'm not hungry anyway, and then we'll go to the market together".

And this is where the fight starts. He gets upset and says that we should just go home. Screw it, "I just wanted to eat a nice meal with you, and you ruined it, you always do this". And then we went home without eating or going to the market, the whole trip was stopped right then and there. We went home upset.

He also said that I always do this, I always say no, I was like this since I was a kid. I didn't want swimming lessons, I didn't want guitar lessons, I always say no, I never listen. I never listen to anything he says, that was a big point of his.

Anyway, I'm 27. I didn't want to have a big fight, so I asked him not to talk anymore and I just said I'm leaving home in a few days. I'm done, I'm tired of this kind of behavior.

Am I in the wrong? Was I being really bratty without seeing it? Is it such a big offense to change plans last minute? I mean, it was sort of an impromptu thing anyway, it's not like we planned this for weeks or anything.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
I can see how it could come across as bratty. I've done similar things and seen other people do similar things. Mainly since you agreed to go out and eat with him, then all of a sudden changed your mind and decided that you're not hungry after he shot down your idea. Idk if I put it into words how I understand it

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
yes brother your dad wanted to eat maccas with u not alone whats so hard to understand? was saving 10 bucks really worth the drama? lol :feelseheh:

NekoStance

NekoStance

NEET
Dec 1, 2020
OP are you the guy that was from Laos on incels.is?

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I really didn't expect us to fight, we were getting along so well. But when reading this, assume I was somehow much brattier than I'm portraying myself, because maybe I was in the wrong, I'm not the best at social interactions and reading things between the lines.

My dad invites me to go out into the city for McDonalds (mom is not talking to us for like 2 weeks already, so we sort of wanted to get out of the house anyway). We go. Everything is fine and dandy.

But then, as we're nearing McDonalds, I propose that maybe we shouldn't eat there cause it's kinda expensive anyway, maybe we should go to the market and buy produce and all kinds of other things. He says he doesn't like this trait of mine, I'm just like my mother in this sense, that I always try to change things and am so indecisive.

To that I respond that I'm not indecisive, I'm just innovating, proposing new ideas. Anyway, I then say "would you mind if I didn't eat? Like, I want you to eat at McDonalds, but I'm not hungry anyway, and then we'll go to the market together".

And this is where the fight starts. He gets upset and says that we should just go home. Screw it, "I just wanted to eat a nice meal with you, and you ruined it, you always do this". And then we went home without eating or going to the market, the whole trip was stopped right then and there. We went home upset.

He also said that I always do this, I always say no, I was like this since I was a kid. I didn't want swimming lessons, I didn't want guitar lessons, I always say no, I never listen. I never listen to anything he says, that was a big point of his.

Anyway, I'm 27. I didn't want to have a big fight, so I asked him not to talk anymore and I just said I'm leaving home in a few days. I'm done, I'm tired of this kind of behavior.

Am I in the wrong? Was I being really bratty without seeing it? Is it such a big offense to change plans last minute? I mean, it was sort of an impromptu thing anyway, it's not like we planned this for weeks or anything.
Your father over reacted. Isn't McDonald's cheep? Being indecisive can be annoying to people but also to yourself. I'm the same. indecisive is a neetcel trait.

patientfrog

patientfrog

NEET Royalty
Apr 21, 2022

well, from an outsider's perspective if someone offers to buy you something as a treat you accept it. sometimes people have a need to treat others and it's perfectly fine. it's a gesture of good will and a sign that they want to further the relationship. recently i was at a bar and a black dude who was a notorious felon and general ass from people's descriptions wanted to buy me a drink. I instantly knew i didn't want to be in 'debt' to this guy, so i offered to buy him a drink instead. my friend who was there afterwards told me it was a wise move because you do NOT want to be in debt to a person like that. not accepting a gift from someone can be a sign of coldness in some relationships. for you to suggest something different is a minor mistake(i've done the same), but it sounds like there's a lot more that's going on with you two and that's why it blew up.

i'd say your dad wanted to be closer to you, but you have hesitation and didn't want to be 'in debt' to him. anyway, that's at least how i see it.

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here