Discussion Have you thought of making it through Youtube or Twitch?

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
Honestly escaping NEETdom is pretty hard, how are you supposed to get a good job when you have no job experience or degrees? Peers my own age already have 3+ years of experience plus a college degree, I basically have nothing to show for since high school. Because of this I've been thinking maybe it could be a good idea to make a Youtube channel. Youtube is not easy, but I would probably be more fun than working as a janitor for a school or something like that (which is pretty much the best job I could hope to get right now). The only problem with Youtube is that I was born on a shitty country. If you didn't know, Youtube pays differently depending on your country, the CPM is an estimate of how much money you make for every 1,000 views. A CPM of $10 is pretty good and you can probably get that if your channel and the people watching are from rich countries. If you're from a shitty third world country like mine, the CPM is around $1. So I would need to be generating about 50,000 views daily in order to generate enough income to live comfy. Not an easy task, and pretty much impossible given that the things I'm interested in and can make videos on are all pretty niche and probably wouldn't get me much views in the first place. Anyways, so that's my experience, have any of you seriously considered making a Youtube channel or streaming on Twitch?

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
I'm a void of charisma so low effort vlog bs is not on the table and producing quality content, that will make you stand out in this day and age, is far to much of a hassle
Yeah, it's rough. I also have no charisma, in fact I have negative charisma, people are going to want to click away once they hear me talk, but even still, I kind of want to try it out, see what happens. Not right now, but in the future. I have some video ideas, but they're not easy, it would probably take 200+ hours to make the video series I have in mind.

Pale God

Pale God

Genius
Feb 21, 2023
Getting famous is kinda cucked though unless you have an actual skill like rapping.

ShoelessSperg

ShoelessSperg

NEET
Feb 9, 2024
Honestly escaping NEETdom is pretty hard, how are you supposed to get a good job when you have no job experience or degrees? Peers my own age already have 3+ years of experience plus a college degree, I basically have nothing to show for since high school. Because of this I've been thinking maybe it could be a good idea to make a Youtube channel. Youtube is not easy, but I would probably be more fun than working as a janitor for a school or something like that (which is pretty much the best job I could hope to get right now). The only problem with Youtube is that I was born on a shitty country. If you didn't know, Youtube pays differently depending on your country, the CPM is an estimate of how much money you make for every 1,000 views. A CPM of $10 is pretty good and you can probably get that if your channel and the people watching are from rich countries. If you're from a shitty third world country like mine, the CPM is around $1. So I would need to be generating about 50,000 views daily in order to generate enough income to live comfy. Not an easy task, and pretty much impossible given that the things I'm interested in and can make videos on are all pretty niche and probably wouldn't get me much views in the first place. Anyways, so that's my experience, have any of you seriously considered making a Youtube channel or streaming on Twitch?
I did but get banned

Activity
So far there's no one here