Venting having ADHD is like being nerfed in real life

Nomen Latinum

Nomen Latinum

NEET
Feb 21, 2023
I just can't live in society normally, I was already surprised that I managed to survive in school.
I've tried to force myself to be a communicative person but I always ended up exhausted and depressed.

Worst of all, it's not apparent.

For example, you wouldn't ask a disabled person to do certain activities, because you know they have certain limitations, but with ADHD it doesn't matter, people just want you to be productive and act like a neurotypical, even if your brain isn't working right .

(btw this is my first post :))

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
Adhd has no definition because nearly every depressed person thinks they have it, and nobody knows what it means.

Bad Boy

Bad Boy

Gang gang
Jan 19, 2023
nobody knows what it means.
Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder

I have it diagnosed, the symptoms are that i can’t force myself to focus on something for more than 10 seconds without getting a small mental breakdown and i get hyperactive, can’t sit still, so i have to move all the time, stand up, walk or wriggle in impatience all the time.

It’s very exhausting and what is normal and easy activity for others, feels like torture for you.

It drove me into alcoholism too

It’s a real disorder even tough people who don’t have it often can’t empathize with it at all

Last edited:
Nomen Latinum

Nomen Latinum

NEET
Feb 21, 2023
Adhd has no definition because nearly every depressed person thinks they have it, and nobody knows what it means.
Not true, when I take ritalin it's like I've become a whole new person, like it's only from this moment on that my brain starts working.
ADHD has many different features than depression.
For example, it's not even a lack of motivation that makes me procrastinate, it's like my brain just doesn't want to pay attention to certain topics until it gets the right stimulus.

Nomen Latinum

Nomen Latinum

NEET
Feb 21, 2023
It drove me into alcoholism too

It’s a real disorder even tough people who don’t have it often can’t empathize with it at all
Yeah, ADHD makes you more prone to addictions, as your brain craves dopamine to keep itself stimulated.

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
Yeah, ADHD makes you more prone to addictions, as your brain craves dopamine to keep itself stimulated.
You sound like 80 percent of population to me. On reddit everytime someone says they cannot keep working, or go to school they say that the person has ADHD. It's like people aren't made to sit in one place for 8 years locked in a building and to cope with it they have to be drugged.

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here