How are some people so motivated?

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

neet for almost 9 yrs never worked hand atrophy
Dec 12, 2021
"I have bitten off more than I can chew, and it feels like my body is paying the price.

I am 21F and just got diagnosed with Ulnar Compression Syndrome.

I have an internship in corporate with a large manufacturing company. The job keeps me busy with excel or other types of desk duties. I do not feel like I’m gaining much relevant job experience as my “Project Management” position is really just Marketing as opposed to Supply Chain. Additionally, the work culture lacks a healthy work-life balance, with managers frequently working long hours and weekends. The culture of the job, combined with the predominantly male environment, has added to the strain.

The anxiety surrounding my commute exacerbates my worries. The thought of spending 40 to 55 minutes each way on busy highways, with the added strain it puts on my arms, heightens my apprehension about the toll it takes on my well-being.

In addition to this, I will begin my 7 credits worth of summer classes in two weeks. One class I expect to be difficult and the other not so much. I am hoping to graduate a year early in the spring of 2024 to save on tuition costs.

Those 8 hours typing at the desk and additional hours studying away will be painful, and as someone who is only 21, I’m worried about how it might impact my future health.

And finally, I am passionate about writing. Currently, working to complete my first novel. This is my dream and in a perfect world would be my top priority. I am terrified that writing could now always be painful because of choices I made during this period of my life.

Right now, I am leaning towards resigning from my internship. I am worried as to how this might impact possible employment in the future. However, the prevailing fear is that I am afraid that if I try to do everything, my arms will give up on me. I am at a loss. I could use any and all advice from you all."

Bitch is working for pennies at a corporate firm in a management position, driving 1 hour to get there daily (so 2 hours commute overall), while also attending classes almost full-time, at least she got kek'd by neuropathy, I just can't imagine living life like this I'd surely go ER

Activity
So far there's no one here