How come the big 3 shonen have such shitty animation early on?

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
I was watching early naruto, OP and bleach

and it's not just compared to the standards of today. DBZ looks great. With YYH you can see they were working with a budget but it stil looks pretty cool

But with especially early OP and Naruto at times its legit flash animation tier lol. Why wasnt more effort put into this

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
manga mogs
Desktop wallpaper one punch man manga anime

PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Gothicc Hoes
Jun 11, 2022
They probably rushed to a studio to meet the demands of the manga. Naruto and Bleach have a shit ton of filler because they had already caught up to the manga early on

I saw the announcement of the new OP anime adaptation and it isn’t much of an improvement.

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
who knows, but i would rather have entertainment and a good story than good animation and a bad story/entertainment. and i enjoyed bleach and naruto.
90% of seasonal anime have shit stories and coast off animation. The story of One Punch Man is literally just the title and rides off animation halo lol

But yeah shit like Lain or the Berserk anime are working with limitations but the story and art direction carry it

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
90% of seasonal anime have shit stories and coast off animation. The story of One Punch Man is literally just the title and rides off animation halo lol

But yeah shit like Lain or the Berserk anime are working with limitations but the story and art direction carry it
Whats this weird hipster 4chan thing all weebs do lol. Y'all will say all anime is garbage but then be obsessed over it and it's all you talk about 😂

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
Whats this weird hipster 4chan thing all weebs do lol. Y'all will say all anime is garbage but then be obsessed over it and it's all you talk about 😂
Well the majority of output in any medium is pretty trash to mid. Sturgeons law and all. I'd say the same for movies and games

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Goonin forward, troon a new page
Aug 3, 2023
Early DBZ used to be top tier. Raditz arc was Great. It all went downhill since.

Didn't watch much of Naruto. I fuckin hated the filler and flashbacks overdose. The characters seemed way too dramatic for me. Felt like watching a soap opera.

Never watched bleach. Thoughts?.

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
Early DBZ used to be top tier. Raditz arc was Great. It all went downhill since.

Didn't watch much of Naruto. I fuckin hated the filler and flashbacks overdose. The characters seemed way too dramatic for me. Felt like watching a soap opera.

Never watched bleach. Thoughts?.
Bleach is good for the first arc and kinda sucks after that lol

クーロ

クーロ

عثمان دان فوديو الثاني
Jan 23, 2024
Budgets. Japanese publishing companies are notorious for riding off hype to push out the most mediocre shit imaginable. Even if the animation was even worse they'd still release it to push manga sales since they were so popular at the time. It's the same reason they cut up the AoT ending into so many parts. People are hyped for an adaptation, the studio gives them a half-assed tease, people get excited and buy the manga to catch up, studio does another tease, people buy manga again and it goes on for as long as the studio can keep blueballing the audience. It's the easiest way to milk money out of an already popular property. Notice this never happens with original anime that don't have a manga behind them. Most anime (nowadays) is basically an advertisement for the source material and nothing more. The rare exceptions always get praised. Demon Slayer had great animation but a dogshit story and it still sold great, had it not been for that I would've never heard of the manga.

hikkikomori

hikkikomori

always quiet
Jun 16, 2023
I think the attack on titan anime has one of the best combos of story and production (animation quality) I’ve ever seen

Activity
So far there's no one here