How do people even get the courage for suicide

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
I tried to get my cousin to relate with my suicidal thoughts played it off as a joke like “you know the best method is opium overdose” dude looked at me shocked like nah man why do you even know this you must’ve given up on life and started lecturing me about how life is good i was gonna argue but I realised it’s futile this is a normie he has an easy life he won’t understand. He was even talking about having kids as if it is a good thing. These are the people we are dealing with prolifers they rationalize bringing someone here because oh atleast he will get to travel the world who even travels the world other than ig thots fuck traveling.There is so much pleasure in life? Pleasure is just you filling up a deprivation dummy life has a default and that is suffering and misery pleasure is there to ease it for five secs the solution to life is simple death and death is actually good despite it being your demise it’s also your freedom card you no longer wake up and feel sensations you no longer deal with bs you just rest forever eternally death is the answer to life but ofc normies won’t get it since they think life is fun

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
Another quality post.

I think that one usually commits suicide whent the amount of physical/psychological pain he's going through overwhelms the fear of death.

But there are other reasons. Ritual suicide, for example, especially in eastern cultures. As for the West, we have an interesting case of Socrates. Also, stoics were were acceptive of suicide, giving some rational reasons to do so (in due time).

So it's either unbearable pain or a strong will and wisdom, a strong character. That's what it takes.

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
I tried to get my cousin to relate with my suicidal thoughts played it off as a joke like “you know the best method is opium overdose” dude looked at me shocked like nah man why do you even know this you must’ve given up on life and started lecturing me about how life is good i was gonna argue but I realised it’s futile this is a normie he has an easy life he won’t understand. He was even talking about having kids as if it is a good thing. These are the people we are dealing with prolifers they rationalize bringing someone here because oh atleast he will get to travel the world who even travels the world other than ig thots fuck traveling.There is so much pleasure in life? Pleasure is just you filling up a deprivation dummy life has a default and that is suffering and misery pleasure is there to ease it for five secs the solution to life is simple death and death is actually good despite it being your demise it’s also your freedom card you no longer wake up and feel sensations you no longer deal with bs you just rest forever eternally death is the answer to life but ofc normies won’t get it since they think life is fun
People like that cope with creating a whole fake world around them. They live in delusion. The normy can be poor but still in his head think that he is a rich guy. They also delude themselves into the possibility of getting a better job in the future etc...
This is what most psychology is about, and so-called positive thinking. This is why it is so easy to deceive them.
Some people have been promised a promotion every year but it never came to be after years and years but they still stay and hope.
This is why they hate when people talk about reality, they consider it too negative. I try to endure for the sake of God's Mercy and the plan he has for us in this life, whatever it might be.

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
Don't kys. You have so much to live for. Tommorows going to be a good day. Life is a gift. Believe in yourself. You can do anything. Your time will come.

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
People like that cope with creating a whole fake world around them. They live in delusion. The normy can be poor but still in his head think that he is a rich guy. They also delude themselves into the possibility of getting a better job in the future etc...
This is what most psychology is about, and so-called positive thinking. This is why it is so easy to deceive them.
Some people have been promised a promotion every year but it never came to be after years and years but they still stay and hope.
This is why they hate when people talk about reality, they consider it too negative. I try to endure for the sake of God's Mercy and the plan he has for us in this life, whatever it might be.
Gods plan you believe in god? Yeah I guess positive thinking is all based on delusion. If God is real he must be evil imo

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
Don't kys. You have so much to live for. Tommorows going to be a good day. Life is a gift. Believe in yourself. You can do anything. Your time will come.

View attachment 66212
Jfl you reach a certain point where you know what tomorrow is going to be like I don’t look forward to any day I just woke up after sleeping all day and I regret it so much

Aedra

Aedra

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
Gods plan you believe in god? Yeah I guess positive thinking is all based on delusion. If God is real he must be evil imo
The problem of evil has been answered like dozens of times, why can't atheists just ditch this argument already?

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
The problem of evil has been answered like dozens of times, why can't atheists just ditch this argument already?
didn't answer anything apart from saying "he might have reasons for bringing about suffering that we don't understand", except were not toddlers getting an immunization shot. Also you don't need religion to believe in objective morality.

Aedra

Aedra

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
Also you don't need religion to believe in objective morality.
If you think this, then you never swallowed any hard pill in your life. The source of western morality comes from the Judeo-christian tradition, if you lived prior to the emergence of Christianity in, let's say, the Roman Empire, you'd think infanticide is entirely okay, you'd also think slavery is okay too. So much for objective morality, eh?

Morality is objective, man is not. Man thinks one thing, the truth is another thing.

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
Another quality post.

I think that one usually commits suicide whent the amount of physical/psychological pain he's going through overwhelms the fear of death.

But there are other reasons. Ritual suicide, for example, especially in eastern cultures. As for the West, we have an interesting case of Socrates. Also, stoics were were acceptive of suicide, giving some rational reasons to do so (in due time).

So it's either unbearable pain or a strong will and wisdom, a strong character. That's what it takes.
Interesting makes sense ofc a person with a weak level of willpower wouldn't be able to commit to such an act ill have to do more research into this stoicism thing and suicide.

N

notnilc

NEET
Oct 14, 2022
If you view everything from the point of "plausibility" everything makes sense! When "god" is in control of everything countries, politics, economics the internet etc. We the players have "free will" but can't break the ruleset. That's why dead people won't come back here again because otherwise it would break the "plausibility" i.e. no one would take "life" seriously anymore and the whole point of this simulation would go down the toilet. If one decides on his on free will to end this datastream through suicide after careful consideration I can accept that. For example I wouldn't want to live in China or an African/South American shithole for myself and when the only exit suicide is I would choose this way.

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
Interesting makes sense ofc a person with a weak level of willpower wouldn't be able to commit to such an act ill have to do more research into this stoicism thing and suicide.
Schopenhauer also has written about suicide, you might want to give it a try. He quotes some stoics too, so it may be helpful

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
If you view everything from the point of "plausibility" everything makes sense! When "god" is in control of everything countries, politics, economics the internet etc. We the players have "free will" but can't break the ruleset. That's why dead people won't come back here again because otherwise it would break the "plausibility" i.e. no one would take "life" seriously anymore and the whole point of this simulation would go down the toilet. If one decides on his on free will to end this datastream through suicide after careful consideration I can accept that. For example I wouldn't want to live in China or an African/South American shithole for myself and when the only exit suicide is I would choose this way.
when the pain is too much to bear suicide is the quickest way out Suicide could be seen as a solution to all problems

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
He was lonely so created humans to cope with loneliness
but loneliness is a deficiency, which would mean that God has a need that is not fulfilled to it's fullest potential.
At least from what i know this was never the concept of Christian Theology.

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
but loneliness is a deficiency, which would mean that God has a need that is not fulfilled to it's fullest potential.
At least from what i know this was never the concept of Christian Theology.
Then what’s the point of creating for love ? Or sharing love since that what christians believe in why couldn’t God keep his love to himself

nihilisticshizoid

nihilisticshizoid

NEET
Mar 2, 2023
Normies dont understand our pains and struggles.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I can see easily how people commit suicide and how people have enjoyable lives. It seems to be incredibly dependent on how you direct your limited field of awareness. I like the analogy of the mind being like a soda machine, we only have so many options, so many things we can do in a circumstance, so many thoughts that can be generated in relation to the chemicals our bodies generate and the things we experience.

Like if you're hungry. A sensation of hunger arises. You can either ignore it, you can sit and watch the sensation or you can go into your kitchen. Maybe if you're especially knowledgeable about why hunger arises, you could take a ghrelin antagonist and the hunger will go away. Which will you pick? It's not that dissimilar to picking a soda, you have choices, sure, but it's finite, is it not? You can either expand the choices if you have additional knowledge or you can attempt to change the stimuli that you're confronted with.

To use another example, algorithms on social media will show you the type of things you've been shown to have engagements with in the past. Let's say you liked a very depressing thing, now you're being shilled depressing content. When you see such content, how many options do you REALLY have? You can ignore it, you can engage with it mindlessly and get carried along, you can relax and watch your thoughts, you can exit out of the site. I think a large part of depression and why suicide is so common now is that it's so easy to get caught in negative feedback loops.

I see something I consider bad/I feel bad -> I react in a maladaptive way -> because I reacted this way, future stimuli shows up -> I react maladaptively -> more stimuli -> more things I consider bad ... and the loop goes on and on and on, it's a circular process. If you're stuck in a vicious circle where you're constantly beating yourself up, is it not natural to want to die? Is it not a pain to live in such a state? The only thing that's helped me is accepting whatever occurs, without building up a grand story mentally about it.

People double down on their emotions and make them doubly worse. I've done it a lot. I used to build up a story about any depressive thoughts or feelings I had. I feel badly, I'll surely feel badly in the future, I'm the worst, I'm scum, and so on and so on, when the easiest way is to simply accept the initial thought completely. Imagine being completely and utterly depressed, the worst you will ever feel in your life and simply accepting it as it is without fighting it. Being completely fine with that state of being even if it lasts for the rest of your existence.

You'll notice (at least I have) that a huge weight is lifted off your shoulder almost instantly. Because so much energy goes into fighting sensations, fighting thoughts, fighting states of existence that are in their very nature ephemeral. Thoughts, feelings, sensations, life, it will all pass sooner or later. It's your reaction that determines everything, if you can ease into these passing moments or if you'll spend a great deal of energy to fight them at every corner.

Long 1am rant nigghers :feelsok:

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
Then what’s the point of creating for love ? Or sharing love since that what christians believe in why couldn’t God keep his love to himself
Great question, I would say because the definition of Love is to make someone experience goodness, and if God is all Loving out of this Love the world was created. I think hate is different cause hate is inherently selfish, due to the feeling one gets from hating. Then there would be paradoxes like how can God hate himself etc, and still create anything etc....

Al-Maari600

Al-Maari600

NEET
Dec 11, 2022
Great question, I would say because the definition of Love is to make someone experience goodness, and if God is all Loving out of this Love the world was created. I think hate is different cause hate is inherently selfish, due to the feeling one gets from hating. Then there would be paradoxes like how can God hate himself etc, and still create anything etc....
Why do you bow down to a being that didn’t even stop you from being neet

Lordgoro

Lordgoro

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
Nov 1, 2022
EVER seen trancendance? Johnny DEPP. poor guy was dying.. Wonderful movie and concept..

Activity
So far there's no one here