News I might have a job in a brewery

Should I give it a go if they give me a chance?

• Total voters
Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
It'll be better than getting the miserly UK universal credit I suppose but the job is awful! Cleaning out big metal kegs using acidic chemicals and steaming them. It's heavy hot work and then you have to take the old bungs out of the used kegs returned from pubs/clubs and that is fiddly and hurts your back bending over after doing dozens of them outside in the rain. The most tolerable part is filling the kegs, or bottling and canning, but I will rarely be doing that. You've got to be fast-paced and break your back sweating, I need to get a counter-balance forklift licence too. Of course they're only paying £9.50 an hour and you don't even get free beer, it's various expensive ale that costs £26 for a multipack, but you can have it for half that if you work there.

I dunno if I could hack it anyway, what do you think?

Last edited:
KARENIN

KARENIN

I wanna revive Hitler but I can't figure out how
Jul 2, 2022
Of course they're only paying £9.50 an hour and you don't even get free beer, it's various expensive ale that costs £26 for a multipack, but you can have it for half that if you work there.

Resell the ale online but don't bother with inventory, get the orders first AND THEN buy the units using your employee discount. Basically the same strategy that Employed mentioned, except you actually have the goods and can fulfill the orders.
You can start selling before you have the goods to test the markets. Just say that the product got lost and refund the monies.

Last edited:
SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
I don't know. Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy especially for that wage. Fast paced, sweaty, 9.50 an hr. Are you physically fit enough for it? Is it far away? Will UC penalise you if you quit "without good reason?"

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
I don't know. Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy especially for that wage. Fast paced, sweaty, 9.50 an hr. Are you physically fit enough for it? Is it far away? Will UC penalise you if you quit "without good reason?"

I know I won't enjoy it much, but I might not even be offered it as they had other people on 1 day work trials too and might pick them instead. I'm physically fit enough, but I was achy and my arms were sore for a few days after my work trial there on Tuesday [7 hours free labour]. The money is crap yes, but it's only 11 minutes drive and no I'll still get the UC as I'll say they didn't want me if I can't hack it.

Last edited:
Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
Sounds like one of those undesirable jobs that only immigrants are willing to do

They're all white British there strangely enough, 2 other brewery grunts I would be working with even drive an hour to get there so they must love that type of work I guess...

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
It'll be better than getting the miserly UK universal credit I suppose but the job is awful! Cleaning out big metal kegs using acidic chemicals and steaming them. It's heavy hot work and then you have to take the old bungs out of the used kegs returned from pubs/clubs and that is fiddly and hurts your back bending over after doing dozens of them outside in the rain. The most tolerable part is filling the kegs, or bottling and canning, but I will rarely be doing that. You've got to be fast-paced and break your back sweating, I need to get a counter-balance forklift licence too. Of course they're only paying £9.50 an hour and you don't even get free beer, it's various expensive ale that costs £26 for a multipack, but you can have it for half that if you work there.

sounds like a good opportunity, better than nothing

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
Free beer

No, you just get a discount and the fuckers haven't even called back today to offer me the shitty job!

I will go to this seed processing place instead, at least I'll get £80 more a week there also.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Yeh, they haven't got back to me yet to say if I'm being offered it. But another place nearby, that you go out in a van and pick berries, then process seed has offered me a job until the 23rd of December now and it pays £1 more an hour. I'd prefer doing that I think!
Just try it out and keep us updated how it goes. If all else fails you have every right to get money from the jobcenter again.

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
Do you have any degree or diploma?

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
gender studies
maxresdefault.jpg

WestEuropoor

WestEuropoor

Yes sir, i can boogie!
Oct 7, 2022
How much is the Uk benefits you recieve each month?. Waging for under 10 pounds a hour sounds like a terrible thing. Also the job sounds like it is straight from hell

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
How much is the Uk benefits you recieve each month?. Waging for under 10 pounds a hour sounds like a terrible thing. Also the job sounds like it is straight from hell

I can only get £160 a month on UK benefits, which is a bit less than illegal asylum seekers get to buy things like personal care, they get free accommodation etc of course.
BUT I'm going transfer most of what is left of my savings into another account and then I should get £334.91 a month instead - whoohoo! :(

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
I can only get £160 a month on UK benefits, which is a bit less than illegal asylum seekers get to buy things like personal care, they get free accommodation etc of course.
BUT I'm going transfer most of what is left of my savings into another account and then I should get £334.91 a month instead - whoohoo! :(
Cost of living payment next month apparently according to a friend. 9th I think

WestEuropoor

WestEuropoor

Yes sir, i can boogie!
Oct 7, 2022
holy shit thats terrible. Isn't there a job you can get thats not as bad as the brewery?

WestEuropoor

WestEuropoor

Yes sir, i can boogie!
Oct 7, 2022
No, I just get rejected when I apply or they get rid of me after a week like the last shithole! 😡
Over here its so easy to get a job at the moment. Most 12/13 euro hr jobs requirements over here are : IS ABLE TO MERELY EXIST

But i guess its just another phase of wagie job market

L

Lolol900

Banned
Oct 8, 2022

You can give a try but you won't long last. It's usually 12 hour shifts being a cleaner/kitchen porter and a barman and walter all in one go. Try and get a job at a Laundrette or something or at a small cafe or a night porter at a small hotel. Working at bars/pubs and clubs aren't worth it for low SMV men.

Last edited:
uglyboi1

uglyboi1

neet for almost 9 yrs never worked hand atrophy
Dec 12, 2021
Over here its so easy to get a job at the moment. Most 12/13 euro hr jobs requirements over here are : IS ABLE TO MERELY EXIST

where u from pal?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Not only that but they come here with huge families and its no secret that some of them receive several thousand euros per month, often using false identities. Pure ragefuel.:feelsree:

K

kaang

lurkercel
Oct 29, 2021

So they pay people to do nothing?

WestEuropoor

WestEuropoor

Yes sir, i can boogie!
Oct 7, 2022
So they pay people to do nothing?
I might have misphrased that. I mean that these kind of lower paying jobs dont even require a interview or background check most of the times since there is a shortage of wagies over here

Activity
So far there's no one here