I really really wish I hadn't deleted my MMO accounts

• Thread starter anon1822fourthacc
  • Start date
anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
MMOs are the thing I enjoyed most in life. But I enjoyed them so much that they consumed my whole life.

So at a certain point, when I thought I would be forced to wageslave a real job soon and that I couldn't afford to spend so much time on MMOs anymore, I deleted all my accounts. Deleted through customer support, so there's no turning back. The data is forever gone.

My Blizzard/WoW account. My Runescape account. My FFXIV account (didn't play this much but I sure wish I had my account back so I could play it some more).

Damn it. I thought that by now for sure some other MMO would pop up. But they all suck, those three are still the best in the business. And newer MMOs seem to just be the kinds that are very taxing on your specs anyway. I like MMOs that I can just leave on all day without my fans roaring and my laptop heating up.

Kek. All that I have left is my GW2 account but GW2 is boring as hell and I don't enjoy the combat at all. Wish I could have either my WoW or FFXIV account back, but they're gone forever. Even asked customer support just in case if it's possible to restore. Nope.

Kek, why do I always do shit I regret in the future? I'd even start over in all those MMOs, but I ain't spending all that much money again. All those expansions and shit cost me a lot. And I threw the money down the toilet. Kek I'm stupid.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
I wish some new game took the place of those MMOs in my heart, but multiplayer gaming is stagnating!

Even if we look outside of MMOs, there's little else. League of Legends makes me hate my life and I hate it like poison. Even though I spent probably 150 hours in the past month alone on it, I just hate it, it makes me furious and just makes me feel negative feelings all around.

And other than LoL, everything is a fucking shooter. Shooters are boring as fuck to me, I don't want to play anymore of them. I played enough CSGO and TF2 in my life to not want to touch another shooter again.

And there's basically nothing else that has a large population. PoE is dogshit developed by a retard (and I'd rather play Grim Dawn and such), Warframe is a stupid grindfest.

Literally almost nothing else out there.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
just play private servers theory
I played so many Runescape private servers, but they suck nowadays, their golden age is over. Wow private servers don't appeal to me anymore. Spent thousands of hours in them too, but at this point it's just recycled content. FFXIV doesn't have private servers.

Is there any game you enjoy the private servers of?

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

No one is worth saving but yourself.
Dec 12, 2021
I played so many Runescape private servers, but they suck nowadays, their golden age is over. Wow private servers don't appeal to me anymore. Spent thousands of hours in them too, but at this point it's just recycled content. FFXIV doesn't have private servers.

Is there any game you enjoy the private servers of?
not really. before my nerve injury i was just rotting to MOBA's (mostly dota 2) and single player games

mmo's are too social for me to enjoy and end up becoming a part time job

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
do u have a gaming laptop?
Yep. I can't use a desktop PC, my back would be killing me. So I have the comfiest experience of all, I lie in bed for up to 16 hours a day with a gaming laptop.

But I hate it when I hear the fans or it heats up, so I play on minimum settings. And newer games in general are too heavy and make my fans go wild, so I avoid them.

I mostly just play indies and games that were made like before 2015.

MMOs are well-optimized so I can play them, but only stuff like WoW, Runescape, FFXIV. Others that are newer are dogshit and run like dogshit.

thirdworldcel

thirdworldcel

NEET
Feb 22, 2023
Yep. I can't use a desktop PC, my back would be killing me. So I have the comfiest experience of all, I lie in bed for up to 16 hours a day with a gaming laptop.

But I hate it when I hear the fans or it heats up, so I play on minimum settings. And newer games in general are too heavy and make my fans go wild, so I avoid them.

I mostly just play indies and games that were made like before 2015.

MMOs are well-optimized so I can play them, but only stuff like WoW, Runescape, FFXIV. Others that are newer are dogshit and run like dogshit.
what are your specs?

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
what are your specs?
It's getting old now, so it's not all that good. I'll still use it for a few years though, don't feel like spending money on a laptop anymore. I'm past the phase of my life when I cared about these things.

AI-cel

AI-cel

Hikkikomori
Dec 8, 2022
try resident evil series. They are short af and gameplay is enjoyable

silent hill same shit

other than that i tried games like witcher but they too long for me. and quite boring

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
try resident evil series. They are short af and gameplay is enjoyable

silent hill same shit

other than that i tried games like witcher but they too long for me. and quite boring
Oh, I have a long backlog. Many singleplayer games to play. The thing is, somehow I end up procrastinating for months when it comes to playing singleplayer games. But multiplayer ones? Before I know it, the day is over, and I have just played LoL for 12 hours.

AI-cel

AI-cel

Hikkikomori
Dec 8, 2022
Oh, I have a long backlog. Many singleplayer games to play. The thing is, somehow I end up procrastinating for months when it comes to playing singleplayer games. But multiplayer ones? Before I know it, the day is over, and I have just played LoL for 12 hours.
same, but these 2 series got addictive gameplay to me. And they are short, so its easy to finish them.

besides that i got mirrors edge finished and thats it

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
same, but these 2 series got addictive gameplay to me. And they are short, so its easy to finish them.

besides that i got mirrors edge finished and thats it
Oh I can help you out here. Nobody surpassed my ADHD, so I can tell you some games that you can get addicted to, even though they are singleplayer. There are so many more but tbh I'm forgetful, can barely remember what I played a week ago.

1. Vampire survivors - perfect for ADHD, can watch a movie or youtube at the same time.
2. Slay the Spire - roguelike with cards.
3. Grim Dawn - ARPG like Diablo so you can just move around and kill shit. I got 200 hours out of it cause I modded it and played hardcore mode where your character is deleted forever if you die.
4. Binding of Isaac - you probably played it.
5. Risk of Rain 2.
6. Bloons TD 6 - tower defense, very good for ADHD this one.

I have a lot more, but those are niche and I try not to suggest niche stuff cause not everybody likes those.

AI-cel

AI-cel

Hikkikomori
Dec 8, 2022
Oh I can help you out here. Nobody surpassed my ADHD, so I can tell you some games that you can get addicted to, even though they are singleplayer. There are so many more but tbh I'm forgetful, can barely remember what I played a week ago.

1. Vampire survivors - perfect for ADHD, can watch a movie or youtube at the same time.
3. Grim Dawn - ARPG like Diablo so you can just move around and kill shit. I got 200 hours out of it cause I modded it and played hardcore mode where your character is deleted forever if you die.
5. Risk of Rain 2.

I have a lot more, but those are niche and I try not to suggest niche stuff cause not everybody likes those.
thanks, but i usually finish story games. like you get to the ending and then never play again

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

No one is worth saving but yourself.
Dec 12, 2021

5. Risk of Rain 2.

where do you put your mouse if youre rotting in bed playing?

thirdworldcel

thirdworldcel

NEET
Feb 22, 2023
It's getting old now, so it's not all that good. I'll still use it for a few years though, don't feel like spending money on a laptop anymore. I'm past the phase of my life when I cared about these things.
i c, am surprised you can pay to play those premium mmos tbh must've been fun

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
where do you put your mouse if youre rotting in bed playing?
Next to me, on the bed. For years I didn't even use one of those mouse pads that you put underneath. But for several years now I'm using one of those, on the bed next to me.

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
it's kinda strange that the goyim don't get their newest gay-ming copes. It must be the forced diversity in companies that slows down the process.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
MMOs are the thing I enjoyed most in life. But I enjoyed them so much that they consumed my whole life.
Same. Back then mmos were more than games, they were experiences. Best times of my life for me playing WoW 2006 to around 2010.

Maybe you shouldn't have gone that far and just deinstalled them instead. You never know when you get that "itch" to play again.

But hey at least by deleting accounts you are protecting yourself from starting again and getting addicted. ...But then again its not that we will go anywhere in life, so might aswell become teenage shut-ins again and have some fun in the virtual world.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
Same. Back then mmos were more than games, they were experiences. Best times of my life for me playing WoW 2006 to around 2010.

Maybe you shouldn't have gone that far and just deinstalled them instead. You never know when you get that "itch" to play again.

But hey at least by deleting accounts you are protecting yourself from starting again and getting addicted. ...But then again its not that we will go anywhere in life, so might aswell become teenage shut-ins again and have some fun in the virtual world.
Lol, my problem is that I uninstall, reinstall, uninstall reinstall. If I'm sufficiently addicted, I can do that literally every day. Sometimes even twice a day of uninstalling and reinstalling. Completely deleting was the only way to stop the addiction.

But now I want to be addicted. And yet I've burned all bridges.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
brutal. yes I made a thread about this. I also have this growing urge to go full hikki/hermit teenager mmo lifestyle again. I know that the golden days of mmos and mmorpgs are over but thats ok idc.
Yep, I want to get an addiction now because I feel as if I grew wiser, and I've understood life better. There are two paths forward: one of finding a wife, and one of continuing a hikki lifestyle.

And I prefer the hikki one, because women will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS view me as a resource and a tool for them to use. Any love would be fake, to manipulate me with. Hell, I'm sure women do fall in love, but always as a temporary illusion that they too believe in, so that they can further use you for all you've got to offer for her. I don't want that kind of life, I want to stay single forever. And since I need something to fill my day with, an addiction to MMOs would be very nice. And my easy part-time job can take care of bills and such.

T

Thenettraveller

NEET
Jan 2, 2023
Yep, I want to get an addiction now because I feel as if I grew wiser, and I've understood life better. There are two paths forward: one of finding a wife, and one of continuing a hikki lifestyle.

And I prefer the hikki one, because women will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS view me as a resource and a tool for them to use. Any love would be fake, to manipulate me with. Hell, I'm sure women do fall in love, but always as a temporary illusion that they too believe in, so that they can further use you for all you've got to offer for her. I don't want that kind of life, I want to stay single forever. And since I need something to fill my day with, an addiction to MMOs would be very nice. And my easy part-time job can take care of bills and such.
People underestimate how idealistic some women are, and what they are willing to do for their children or in some cases Chad.
It's hard to comment on it, cause it's a difference between generalizations and detailed statements. There really are exceptions, it's a small percentage but there are.

Activity
So far there's no one here