I was content with my job. Then I looked around at similar jobs and I saw that some people are making even 15-30% commission. Now I'm jelly

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
Damn it. Why must human brains always compare themselves with others:feelsLUL:? Why can't we be happy with what we have?

But I can't help it, seeing how much more others can make is making me unsatisfied with what I have. I saw some people with the same job I have demanding $5000 a month! Pretty sure that one was a bogus demand, but there were many asking for $2000+ or whatever. Technically I could get $2000 if I doubled my hours, but today I worked 6 hours in total and I'm fucking dead tired, I don't want to work more than my usual 3-4.

Making just 10% now feels like so little lmao:feelsLUL:. I'm afraid to ask my coworkers what percentage of commission they make, they'd definitely tell on me and now I'd be on the radar for being sneaky and asking behind their backs.

Eh, fuck it. I have to just take it easy. Make my OCD ADHD anxious brain not be so high-strung. It's an easy job, why am I so fucking stressed? These people are so nice and yet in my head it's like a super serious thing and I need to do well and be on alert. Fucking piece of shit brain I have.

Last edited:
Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Sure you don't make big bucks but you should thank the gods for your current comfy gig. Just think about how it could've turned out instead... Think about the suicidefuel alternatives out there. Like being in an office environment with all its horros. The backstabbing, the bullying, the lunch breaks sitting on a table with assholes every day.. Working in stressful retail or working as a cashier in a supermarket. I wouldn't say that you won the lottery because all work is shit but you are still lucky.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
Sure you don't make big bucks but you should thank the gods for your current comfy gig. Just think about how it could've turned out instead... Think about the suicidefuel alternatives out there. Like being in an office environment with all its horros. The backstabbing, the bullying, the lunch breaks sitting on a table with assholes every day.. Working in stressful retail or working as a cashier in a supermarket. I wouldn't say that you won the lottery because all work is shit but you are still lucky.
Yep yep yep, you're 100% right. I have to remind this to myself, I actually have it so fucking good. Not only that, I make like double the average monthly wage in my country as is. I have it so fucking good.

Yep, thanks for the reply, I definitely need to keep this in mind at all times. I'm very lucky and I need to remember that. No other job allows you to work 3 hours a day.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I actually have it so fucking good. Not only that, I make like double the average monthly wage in my country as is. I have it so fucking good.
Damn ah I forgot that the average monthly wage in your country is that low. Do you have to pay rent to your parents? If no then well played that means you can pile up money fast :feelsok:. Any plans on what you want to spend money on? I would get a new gaming laptop.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
Do you think they have something you don't to be able to earn more while doing the same thing? Such as nepotism or something.
No, I just didn't negotiate at all. I was excited to have this opportunity at all.

In fact, I'm still excited, I need to remember how good I have it. Sure, other people could be making more, but I still make quite a bit. And I do it from the comfort of my bed, for only 3-4 hours a day. That's really lucky, this is an easy job, I need to appreciate it.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
Damn ah I forgot that the average monthly wage in your country is that low. Do you have to pay rent to your parents? If no then well played that means you can pile up money fast :feelsok:. Any plans on what you want to spend money on? I would get a new gaming laptop.
I don't pay rent to my parents, that's unheard of in Eastern Europe. But it's not piling up all that fast anyway, it's basically $12k a year, right? When compared to US salaries, it doesn't seem like much. Also taxes are gonna eat 12% of it at the very least, if the government discovers my bank transfers lmao.

But it's still a good sum of money. The main benefit to me is that my parents aren't worried about me anymore, nor are they pushing me or stressing me out. They're now happy and content that I have a job. That was a huge source of worry for me, and now it's gone. I must really thank the demons for this job lol, idk how the hell I got it, definitely the work of Asmodeus or Bune or Clauneck or Belial. I thank the demons.

And I won't spend it. Won't touch a cent. Don't need a gaming laptop anymore, my laptop is getting old and has some broken keys but it works fine. 17 inch screen, great for my blind ass. Won't replace it until it breaks. I used to spend a lot of laptops and phones every few years, but that's behind me now.

Probably won't spend it at all for years, if I get to keep this job for that long. I'm afraid inflation will eat into it, but that's life. I don't feel like investing it in stocks tbh, so I'll just let it pile up in my bank. It's not even a saving's account, cause banks give fuck all in interest anyway. Tfw the dollar and euro collapse in a few years and all my savings are worth nothing, kek. Will regret not blowing it on hookers in that case haha.

D

dungeondragon

Banned
Jan 30, 2023
Yes, don't do anything to jeopardise your situation. Keep it going for as long as possible. Perhaps direct your neuroses elsewhere to a hobby or interest outside of work. Working is a means to an end after all, no need to overthink things or get stuck in the weeds.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

Nov 25, 2022
Yes, don't do anything to jeopardise your situation. Keep it going for as long as possible. Perhaps direct your neuroses elsewhere to a hobby or interest outside of work. Working is a means to an end after all, no need to overthink things or get stuck in the weeds.
Very well said. Yes, that's exactly what I'll do. I need to chill out and not rock the boat, find a hobby. Maybe even forget about money altogether, I keep drooling after bigger sums of money but that just stresses me out since I hate working.

Activity
So far there's no one here