Important research that was brought to my attention by @frightfulcel

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
My life became shit around 17. Before that it sucked and I was socially isolated but at least I was youthful. By 19 I felt like an oldcel and I never experienced that youthful bliss again. Now people have kids, are driving, working, finishing up college and im still living the same life as I did when I was 10 years old. I still play the same games, watch the same videos etc. but its much less enjoyable now, almost torture.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...elination-and-the-remodeling-adolescent-brain

https://aspenbrain.institute/blog-p...thats-an-opportunity-for-teachers-and-parents

When you become an adolescent your brain becomes rewired to only value social connections so you no longer enjoy anything. If you don't get social opportunities then its over.
When you go through puberty your dopamine receptors go from things to people. Basically we become desensitized to everything therefore playing videogames for example doesn't give us much pleasure. The only pleasure we get as adults is relationships with other people and if we can't get that then we suffer. That's all there is to it. If you got enough social interaction you wouldn't care about childhood as much. It wasn't better you just lack social connections as an adult.
'During adolescence, changes in our social contexts as we transition to middle and high school combine with physical and cognitive development in ways that increase our sensitivity to belonging and earning respect from those around us. This heightened attention to our place in the social world motivates us to learn the skills we need to adapt to the more complex social demands of adulthood. It also amplifies the impact of feeling disrespected, excluded, or given messages that we don’t belong. As adolescents, we’re motivated to earn prestige and social standing from those around us.'

'During adolescence, our maturing brains and changing hormones increase our attention to social status and make positive attention feel more rewarding.' 'Physical, cognitive, and social changes in adolescence combine to make us more sensitive to feelings of status and respect and to where we belong in our social worlds. This sensitivity is developmentally important. It motivates us to pay attention to our social environments in ways that help us learn to adapt to the more complex social demands of adulthood.
At the beginning of puberty, around 10 to 13 years old, levels of testosterone increase in both boys and girls and heighten our attention to social status. Around the same time, maturational processes in the brain help us understand the perspectives of others in ways that build empathy, but also increase self-consciousness when we think we’re being socially evaluated. MRI imaging shows increased activity in the areas of the brain associated with reward processing when we’re evaluating our own social standing. Feeling rewarded from positive attention appears to peak in adolescence, motivating us to find ways to earn approval from those around us.' (https://developingadolescent.semel.ucla.edu/core-science-of-adolescence/respect-and-social-status)
'Over the past 15 years neuroscience has dramatically changed our understanding of the structural and functional changes in the brain during adolescence, which runs from around the age of 10 all the way into the mid-20s. It is a time of rapid brain growth and neuronal fine-tuning when young people are especially sensitive to social cues and rewards. More recent research has focused on how the adolescent brain interacts with the social environment. It shows that social context and acceptance strongly influence behavior'. 'the maturation of the adolescent brain is not linear. The limbic system, a collection of brain areas that are sensitive to emotion, reward, novelty, threat and peer expectations, undergoes a growth spurt while the brain areas responsible for reasoning, judgment and executive function continue their slow, steady march toward adulthood. The resulting imbalance in the developmental forces helps to explain adolescent impulsivity, risk taking, and sensitivity to social reward and learning'. (
To sum up, it would seem that we are naturally predisposed or forced to integrate into society, to socialize. If we fail to do so in some form or another we are bound to feel stressed out and frustrated. Because we fail to achieve happiness/fulfillment the way we are wired to achieve it. Failing during the adolescence combined with the societal pressure ensures that frustration will, more or less, hunt us till the end of our days. @frightfulcel requesting to correct me if necessary and elaborate more

frightfulcel

frightfulcel

Such deceit, such mischief hsssssk
Sep 9, 2022
If you don't get social interaction as an adult then its over, you will be depressed. This is why socializing should be your number one goal if possible. I wouldn't recommend this level of rotting to anyone.

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020
Yea with other aspies. Having to socialize with neurotypicals makes me wanna go ER.
FeT1RgUUoAAGeA5.jpg

Activity
So far there's no one here