In your opinion, what is the most underrated movie of all time?

O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
My pick, They Live by John Carpenter:

This movie (or should I say documentary), without a doubt, has the most brilliant social commentary of any film I've ever watched. The only common critique of this movie is that it's 'cheesy'. However, I think it being 'cheesy' makes it better and certainly doesn't take away anything from the film. In my opinion, I think it's obvious satire enhances its enjoyability as a movie. You've got a hilarious 80's 'so bad it's good' movie and--on top of that--genius social commentary; It's a great combination.

Last edited:
O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
DON'T LISTEN TO THEY LIVE'S MESSAGE AND IT'S PARLLELS TO THE MODERN WORLD CONSUME OBEY PROCREATE
>Doesn't even post a movie
Ok, tranny alien, listen, you're just fucking wrong. It has one of the greatest messages in any movie ever and is greatly unappreciated. For one, it's not even a considered classic and the reviews are just above average. Nothing about it is appropriately rated, you fucking alien.

B

BlackPilledOverdose

NEET
Nov 28, 2022
Child's Play 3 in my view, It's my favourite in the series and the last good one in my view.

Also the Saw movies after the third one (Excluding the last two ones, I thought they were shit)

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
A Perfect World, it was released on the same day as Mrs Doubtfire which may be the reason why it was overlooked. It is a movie set in the 1960s about a boy who formed a friendship with his kidnapper.

The Macaulay Culkin/Ted Danson movie 'Getting even with dad' was also under rated, normies don't seem to like Macaulay Culkin in any other role apart from Kevin McCallister. Getting even with dad was often on TV during my childhood.

Phone Booth was a very well written movie starring Colin Farrell.

Baby's Day Out was another classic, it was a John Hughes movie about a baby lost in Chicago. Of course normies complained because it was the stunts were "a rehash of Home Alone'. I don't get normies, they complain about rehashes, surely if you liked a movie then you should also like a movie which is similar to it. They even rated Home Alone 2 badly even though it is a stable Christmas classic set in a nice location.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
What about Apocalypto (2006)? Movie was insanely intense first time watching, quite the ride.
Of course now its widely known but when it came out I dont think there was much hype or big praise for it. Could be wrong though.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Now that I think of it Apocalypto might be more of a hidden gem, at least some years ago. "Moon" (2009) comes to my mind but that one is weird, I could understand if someone gave it a 2/10 or 9/10.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
What about Apocalypto (2006)? Movie was insanely intense first time watching, quite the ride.
Of course now its widely known but when it came out I dont think there was much hype or big praise for it. Could be wrong though.
I saw that on tv when I was a kid. Was pretty interested in aztecs and shit back then for some reason, enjoyed it. Never really heard anyone talk about it. Don't even remember most of it other than some guy running through a field with arrows being shot at him and some woman in a well

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I saw that on tv when I was a kid. Was pretty interested in aztecs and shit back then for some reason, enjoyed it
Nice that must have been a cool experience. One of those movies that hit hard on the first watch. Recently rewatched it but it just wasnt the same as the first time.

Activity
So far there's no one here