Discussion Is liking sonic a sign of autism?

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

4:00 A.M.
Sep 11, 2021
Like after a certain age do you think it’s a sign of autism for someone to like Sonic when they’re older? What age should one stop liking sonic?

The reason why am asking this is because one of my siblings who’s almost finishing middle school this year still like Sonic. He just bought the new game and a previous one because it was on sale. I don’t know if I should be concerned or just exaggerating but I often think of people who like Sonic as adult as similar to chrischan. I hope that’s not the case, but he shows other sign of having autism, so maybe he does.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Like after a certain age do you think it’s a sign of autism for someone to like Sonic when they’re older? What age should one stop liking sonic?

The reason why am asking this is because one of my siblings who’s almost finishing middle school this year still like Sonic. He just bought the new game and a previous one because it was on sale. I don’t know if I should be concerned or just exaggerating but I often think of people who like Sonic as adult as similar to chrischan. I hope that’s not the case, but he shows other sign of having autism, so maybe he does.

Does your brother show other signs of being autistic besides liking sonic? 👀

I loved sonic when I was younger, but I slowly declined in interest when I was 14ish, mainly due to the new games being shit, but I was enough of a fanboy to have beat all the sonic games prior to Sonic Forces lmfao

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

Sep 11, 2021
Does your brother show other signs of being autistic besides liking sonic? 👀
Yes there’s quite of few other things he does that would fall under the signs of autism. Though we had him check a few years back and they didn’t thought he had anything so who knows.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Yes there’s quite of few other things he does that would fall under the signs of autism. Though we had him check a few years back and they didn’t thought he had anything so who knows.
maybe try to get another test for him later, a full psych eval that is rigorous

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

Sep 11, 2021
maybe try to get another test for him later, a full psych eval that is rigorous
Yeah maybe, though what would that even do for him. I don’t want him to be seen as a lesser, he’s not dumb he’s actually pretty smart for his age, and a good student.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Yeah maybe, though what would that even do for him. I don’t want him to be seen as a lesser, he’s not dumb he’s actually pretty smart for his age, and a good student.
Knowing what you have can give him better coping mechanisms for the problems he may face in his daily life. Autism isn't that much of a downside these days, considering that nearly all our modern high paying jobs require you to be intellectual or neurodivergent to a degree.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Having an anime avater can also be a sign, just saying.
well look whos talking lmao

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
When will you learn... THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

Magonia

Magonia

REPORT ALL FREESPEECH NAZIS
Jan 2, 2022
Sonic is just like the autism mascot. People can love a mascot from an opposing team. It just means you have a good mascot.

Pale God

Pale God

NEET
Feb 21, 2023
I never liked Sonic in the first place. The gameplay of the series doesn’t really appeal to me either.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Yes. Autists generally seem to like nintendo. The sonic people seem really far gone though

Activity
So far there's no one here