Discussion I've always wanted to master a video game with like a really steep learning curve and lots of things to learn about and master

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
You know those games like Magic the Gathering, it's really hard to get into it at the beginning because there are so many cards and shit, and also there's this game I tried once called Factorio, where you can build so much stuff it becomes overwhelming at first. Well, I always wanted to find one of these games that are hard to get into and that also have a pretty high knowledge/skill cap and just become a master of it. Spend years learning about even the most insignificant things in the game and knowing everything about it. I tried it with Stardew Valley at first, and yeah it is true that Stardew Valley can be overwhelming at the beginning since there is so much to do, but the skill/knowledge cap it not very high on that game. After playing it for like a few week, I had already learned most of what I needed to learn and I already had developed mathematically optimal strategies to obtain resources, based on the expected value of drops on the different ways of obtaining stuff. Then I tried Factorio, but it was a bit too overwhelming for me at the time and I left it and never played it again, didn't even finish the tutorial. Anyways, do you guys relate? Do you have any games that you autistically obsessed with and you know all of its ins and outs? I am thinking maybe I should pick a fighting game, those have a pretty high skill cap too and is really hard to be good at them, so it might be worth spending 500+ hours on it. The BlazBlue series is on my mind, I tried getting into it years ago but my computer at the time wasn't good enough to run the game smoothly.

クーロ

クーロ

عثمان دان فوديو الثاني
Jan 23, 2024
Not worth the time imo. I used to be really good at Tekken 4 with nearly every character but only used that to fuck with my little cousins and make them give up so I have the PS2 to myself. Lost all the skills right after and never made use of it. Now I can't even land a single combo. It's a real downgrade...

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
Not worth the time imo. I used to be really good at Tekken 4 with nearly every character but only used that to fuck with my little cousins and make them give up so I have the PS2 to myself. Lost all the skills right after and never made use of it. Now I can't even land a single combo. It's a real downgrade...
Yeah I kind of agree is a waste of time now, I should focus on skills that really matter.

gilu997

gilu997

That I can be, your ecstacy.
Mar 12, 2024
Try guilty gear+r. I found it to be more fun than blazblue

Activity
So far there's no one here