Serious I've got bad news, everybody. There is no hope. Life is meaningless.

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
I've been searching for the meaning of life for about 2 years now. Reading, listening, contemplating. Trying to find a meaning to my life, something that could justify my pathetic existence.

Alas, I finally come to the conlusion that life in and of itself is completely meaningless! And, in away, every individual human life too.

Human life is meaningless because it is not grounded in some greater meaningful context. We were not created for a purpose, our activity (and the universe itself) is not objectively directed at some specific point or goal in the future. We simply evolved for no reason. The existence of humanity is simply bad luck! That is, unless you do believe in some kind of religion (which is not a good solution. If we take abrahamic religions for example, they allow us to make perfect sense of our earhly lives - the sole purpose of this life is to prepare for the next and to love God. But what is the point of the latter? What's the purpose of an afterlife? - The afterlife and pleasure itself one might answer. - Okay, but it's not a good explanation, because I can say exactly the same about our earthly existence - the purpose of this life is to live this life. Which doesn't answer our concern about the meaning of life - What is this all about? But I've said enough on this).

Humanity is just a speck living on another speck for no reason, most likely doomed to go extinct sooner or later. The whole human endeavor is pointless, futile, ultimately meaningless.

What about our individual lives? They say - go out there, enjoy it as best as possible, achieve, create, help others. While I do not disagree with this idea, I cannot see how anything we do here is truly meaningful or worthwhile.

The reason for this? Our complete and utter insignificance - every one of us is completely insignificant from the point of view of humanity (and obviously from the cosmic perspective). Whatever you do as an individual - in the end it hardly ever makes a difference. You will simply die and the world will move on like you've never existed. You can feed a hundred homeless people - doesn't really make a difference, they will continue to exist. You may contribute to human knowledge - doesn't really matter, somebody else would have done that anyway and it doesn't really get us anywhere because human knowledge is pathetic, we don't even know everything about our galaxy while there are countless more to explore; it's futile.

Sure, a few chosen individuals leave their mark on the world (great scientists and philosophers)? But were they as individuals so important? There are reasons to doubt this, just recall the simultaneous invention theory). We're trying to make a positive difference in the world, but to what end? Does it really make a difference if humanity exists or goes extinct? There is no divine task for us to fulfill, and humans themselves will never be united with a single purpose in mind.

Of course, sometimes people come together and change things - slavery was abolished and women and blacks were granted civil rights. But there is always a limit to such change. And this limit is severe. We're not even close to solving the most pressing global problems and even if we will, new challenges will probably arise. It's just a never ending cycle of bullshit that we humans endure out of habit. We do not think, we simply do what we're told or what everybody else is doing. This is pathetic.

We're here just to suffer a short pointless live trying to survive and then we just die and cease to exist. There's nothing we currently can do to change that. We hope to achieve a symbolic immortality by creating something or by having children to pass our values and genetic material through them but this is nothing more than a pathetic response to our morality (your grand-grand son will only have ~13,5% of your DNA, his son will carry ~6,25% and so on; and it's just not likely at all that they will have the same values that you do and that they will continue your legacy - whatever that means).

So this is the ultimate life blackpill for me. Humanity exists for no reason. I exist for no reason. I am doomed to die and I cannot do anything about it. There's nothing really to live for because whatever you do is utterly insignificant and your life itself is insignificant. We're all dispensable. Nobody gives a damn if we disappear tomorrow, other people will replace us in the blink of an eye. And there is no hope for humanity. Humans will always treat each other like complete shit and the same goes for how we treat animals. Humans will always be selfish and self centered. There's no hope for humanity.

It's this feeling of ultimate powerlessness and ultimate purposelessness of everything. That's all I had to say.

- But what are you personally going to do about this Based Vamp? Are you suggesting we should all just kill ourselves?

- No, I am not suggesting this at all. I advise to live your life as best as possible. But for me personally it's really hard to enjoy anything when you see this sort of emptiness, futility and superficiality of all human endeavors. Somehow you have to do things you like doing for their own sake, without grounding them in some grand meaningful narrative and without too much hope that you will make a real difference. You are blessed if you can do this. Me personally? Yes, I can to an extent.

- All right Based Vamp, thank you for your thoughts. It's been most illuminating.

- You are most welcome my friend. Just try to hang in there, I know it's hard, but it's just the truth. All we can do is to try to accept this meaningless predicament we're stuck in and just do stuff and enjoy things regardless.

Last edited:
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
existence doesn't have a purpose besides to just exist, the notion that there is a purpose or meaning to life is a christian idea at heart.

the purpose of life is life itself, no one looks at a cat or a flower and asks what its purpose is they are simply what they are.

existence is non-philosophical, it can only be understood by living it intensely and totally.

Do you ever think what the purpose of a galaxy is or dancing and singing? What purpose does art serve besides the experience of the art?

Last edited:
Aryanne

Aryanne

NEET
Dec 15, 2023
The idea of the "meaning of life" comes across as a rather modernistic idea. Instead of conforming oneself to The Good (whether that should be expressed through God, The One and so on is up for debate) it all becomes about ME. I know some would get quite disappointed at the notion that their egos do not matter but really what is 'you'? It's a collection of universal patterns found throughout all humans and the animal world that are proportioned in a way to make you distinct enough from others and it's all wrapped up in a fleshly vessel; the Hindus would categorize these universal patterns as "The Three Gunas". The proper response seems to be to unravel the Samsaric or Demiurgic world of Non-Being and return to the fullness of Being which is what the true purpose of religion is; 'snuffing out the flame' as the Buddhists would put it.

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
Good point about how Christians move the goal posts of the meaning of life. That never even occurred to me. But I still hate the idea of death more than anything. At least if you lived forever you could have more time to contemplate it. Although lately I've also been terrified about the idea of eternal existence as well. The idea that you could be like trapped in a dead universe alone in the dark for like 500 trillion years just because of your immortality. Idk tho at the end of the day there's mathematically infinite amount of things to do. So I'd still take that over death .

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Mar 23, 2023
Good point about how Christians move the goal posts of the meaning of life. That never even occurred to me. But I still hate the idea of death more than anything. At least if you lived forever you could have more time to contemplate it. Although lately I've also been terrified about the idea of eternal existence as well. The idea that you could be like trapped in a dead universe alone in the dark for like 500 trillion years just because of your immortality. Idk tho at the end of the day there's mathematically infinite amount of things to do. So I'd still take that over death .
immortality is very desirable with a few additional conditions - e.g. immortality combined with eternal bliss - like a christian paradise. People who say they don't care about death are just engaging in a sour grape argument in my opinion. So I agree with you. Why would you want to die if you enjoy your life?

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
immortality is very desirable with a few additional conditions - e.g. immortality combined with eternal bliss - like a christian paradise. People who say they don't care about death are just engaging in a sour grape argument in my opinion. So I agree with you. Why would you want to die if you enjoy your life?
Some system like being able to sleep or turn yourself off for a period of time would solve the problem of boredom. Sleep really is basically a miniature temporary death. You lay there and lose consciousness and all your memory for a period of time.

And I would take immortality being miserable over dying to be honest. I mean if you were immortal eventually you would just adapt to a miserable life I think. Just by its nature you would become giga enlightened. That was the point of the groundhog Day movie. What a classic. Funny yet deep

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Mar 23, 2023
Some system like being able to sleep or turn yourself off for a period of time would solve the problem of boredom. Sleep really is basically a miniature temporary death. You lay there and lose consciousness and all your memory for a period of time.

And I would take immortality being miserable over dying to be honest. I mean if you were immortal eventually you would just adapt to a miserable life I think. Just by its nature you would become giga enlightened. That was the point of the groundhog Day movie. What a classic. Funny yet deep
oh yeah, it's a great movie. Gotta rewatch it on X-mas :feelskek:

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
The idea of the "meaning of life" comes across as a rather modernistic idea. Instead of conforming oneself to The Good (whether that should be expressed through God, The One and so on is up for debate) it all becomes about ME. I know some would get quite disappointed at the notion that their egos do not matter but really what is 'you'? It's a collection of universal patterns found throughout all humans and the animal world that are proportioned in a way to make you distinct enough from others and it's all wrapped up in a fleshly vessel; the Hindus would categorize these universal patterns as "The Three Gunas". The proper response seems to be to unravel the Samsaric or Demiurgic world of Non-Being and return to the fullness of Being which is what the true purpose of religion is; 'snuffing out the flame' as the Buddhists would put it.
The mundane life is the circumference. It has to be enjoyed so deeply, that you start finding in it the sacred, the divine. The divine is nothing but the depth of diving into this moment, into this world, into this life, into this body.-Rajneesh

Aryanne

Aryanne

NEET
Dec 15, 2023
The mundane life is the circumference. It has to be enjoyed so deeply, that you start finding in it the sacred, the divine. The divine is nothing but the depth of diving into this moment, into this world, into this life, into this body.-Rajneesh
In the case of the myth of Shakti and Shiva, Shakti (Becoming or the Feminine Principle) threatens to subsume Shiva (Being or the Masculine Principle) into herself but eventually Shiva overcomes and instead reverses the process because of his stone-cold detachment with Shakti becoming subject to him instead. Shiva can only arouse Shakti's unlimited power in his state of detachment and austerity, thus the only way a man can enjoy a higher pleasure like that without becoming impotent is to become detached from it first.

Clive

Clive

God Heavenlove
Jun 18, 2023
I've been searching for the meaning of life for about 2 years now. Reading, listening, contemplating. Trying to find a meaning to my life, something that could justify my pathetic existence.

Alas, I finally come to the conlusion that life in and of itself is completely meaningless! And, in away, every individual human life too.

Human life is meaningless because it is not grounded in some greater meaningful context. We were not created for a purpose, our activity (and the universe itself) is not objectively directed at some specific point or goal in the future. We simply evolved for no reason. The existence of humanity is simply bad luck! That is, unless you do believe in some kind of religion (which is not a good solution. If we take abrahamic religions for example, they allow us to make perfect sense of our earhly lives - the sole purpose of this life is to prepare for the next and to love God. But what is the point of the latter? What's the purpose of an afterlife? - The afterlife and pleasure itself one might answer. - Okay, but it's not a good explanation, because I can say exactly the same about our earthly existence - the purpose of this life is to live this life. Which doesn't answer our concern about the meaning of life - What is this all about? But I've said enough on this).

Humanity is just a speck living on another speck for no reason, most likely doomed to go extinct sooner or later. The whole human endeavor is pointless, futile, ultimately meaningless.

What about our individual lives? They say - go out there, enjoy it as best as possible, achieve, create, help others. While I do not disagree with this idea, I cannot see how anything we do here is truly meaningful or worthwhile.

The reason for this? Our complete and utter insignificance - every one of us is completely insignificant from the point of view of humanity (and obviously from the cosmic perspective). Whatever you do as an individual - in the end it hardly ever makes a difference. You will simply die and the world will move on like you've never existed. You can feed a hundred homeless people - doesn't really make a difference, they will continue to exist. You may contribute to human knowledge - doesn't really matter, somebody else would have done that anyway and it doesn't really get us anywhere because human knowledge is pathetic, we don't even know everything about our galaxy while there are countless more to explore; it's futile.

Sure, a few chosen individuals leave their mark on the world (great scientists and philosophers)? But were they as individuals so important? There are reasons to doubt this, just recall the simultaneous invention theory). We're trying to make a positive difference in the world, but to what end? Does it really make a difference if humanity exists or goes extinct? There is no divine task for us to fulfill, and humans themselves will never be united with a single purpose in mind.

Of course, sometimes people come together and change things - slavery was abolished and women and blacks were granted civil rights. But there is always a limit to such change. And this limit is severe. We're not even close to solving the most pressing global problems and even if we will, new challenges will probably arise. It's just a never ending cycle of bullshit that we humans endure out of habit. We do not think, we simply do what we're told or what everybody else is doing. This is pathetic.

We're here just to suffer a short pointless live trying to survive and then we just die and cease to exist. There's nothing we currently can do to change that. We hope to achieve a symbolic immortality by creating something or by having children to pass our values and genetic material through them but this is nothing more than a pathetic response to our morality (your grand-grand son will only have ~13,5% of your DNA, his son will carry ~6,25% and so on; and it's just not likely at all that they will have the same values that you do and that they will continue your legacy - whatever that means).

So this is the ultimate life blackpill for me. Humanity exists for no reason. I exist for no reason. I am doomed to die and I cannot do anything about it. There's nothing really to live for because whatever you do is utterly insignificant and your life itself is insignificant. We're all dispensable. Nobody gives a damn if we disappear tomorrow, other people will replace us in the blink of an eye. And there is no hope for humanity. Humans will always treat each other like complete shit and the same goes for how we treat animals. Humans will always be selfish and self centered. There's no hope for humanity.

It's this feeling of ultimate powerlessness and ultimate purposelessness of everything. That's all I had to say.

- But what are you personally going to do about this Based Vamp? Are you suggesting we should all just kill ourselves?

- No, I am not suggesting this at all. I advise to live your life as best as possible. But for me personally it's really hard to enjoy anything when you see this sort of emptiness, futility and superficiality of all human endeavors. Somehow you have to do things you like doing for their own sake, without grounding them in some grand meaningful narrative and without too much hope that you will make a real difference. You are blessed if you can do this. Me personally? Yes, I can to an extent.

- All right Based Vamp, thank you for your thoughts. It's been most illuminating.

- You are most welcome my friend. Just try to hang in there, I know it's hard, but it's just the truth. All we can do is to try to accept this meaningless predicament we're stuck in and just do stuff and enjoy things regardless.
You are what you believe. The perfection of this planet and universe entitles you to your own choice of experience.

If you choose to believe you are limited and feeble, your body, heart and soul reflect those qualities back at you. If you choose to believe life is meaningless, than reality will present itself to you in your environment from that perspective of futility; reinforcing the illusion of powerlessness, and concealing meaning where it would otherwise be found.

There is a sweetness in perpetuating the farce of victim hood. It means we can shift the responsibility of our experience to external circumstances, blaming other beings while we remain concealed in the fog of an unfocused mind; afraid of revelations that will necessitate action and change.

But realize that we don't become less powerful as a consequence of our negligence. The specters of your ego will seize control over all that you don't take conscious agency over, making your fears and aversions materialize in your experience of reality.

If you are not ready to accept the truth that you are the Creator of your reality yet, than begin with this: 1) Given the limitations of humanity you believe in, come to an understanding that the perspective of reality that you provided must be incomplete by your own definition 2) Given the incompleteness, you have a duty to use all the time you have to search for the highest expression of truth you can find. Otherwise, your indifference to reality shows a lack of commitment that makes you unqualified to pass a value judgment on behalf of all humanity; indicated by operating from an egoic mode of being that is afraid of finding the meaning that necessitates responsible action.

Last edited:
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
You are what you believe. The perfection of this planet and universe entitles you to your own choice of experience.

If you choose to believe you are limited and feeble, your body, heart and soul reflect those qualities back at you. If you choose to believe life is meaningless, than reality will present itself to you in your environment from that perspective of futility; reinforcing the illusion of powerlessness, and concealing meaning where it would otherwise be found.

There is a sweetness in perpetuating the farce of victim hood. It means we can shift the responsibility of our experience to external circumstances, blaming other beings while we remain concealed in the fog of an unfocused mind; afraid of revelations that will necessitate action and change.

But realize that we don't become less powerful as a consequence of our negligence. The specters of your ego will seize control over all that you don't take conscious agency over, making your fears and aversions materialize in your experience of reality.

If you are not ready to accept the truth that you are the Creator of your reality yet, than begin with this: 1) Given the limitations of humanity you believe in, come to an understanding that the perspective of reality that you provided must be incomplete by your own definition 2) Given the incompleteness, you have a duty to use all the time you have to search for the highest expression of truth you can find. Otherwise, your indifference to reality shows a lack of commitment that makes you unqualified to pass a value judgment on behalf of all humanity; indicated by operating from an egoic mode of being that is afraid of finding the meaning that necessitates responsible action.
Beliefs are just projections of the ego, everything is already perfect in its own way, there's nothing that must need to be and that's why it is divine and beautiful as it is. Labeling things and filtering our experience is what keeps us bound, your nature is intrinsically free.

The ego doesn't even exist, it's just a clenched fist and once you release it, there's nothing being held other than everything that surrounds it. All that happened was that the clenching stopped.

"you" can't even do anything even though "You" are everything. Everything that takes place takes the effort of the whole universe to do.

You are the truth, how could you not be? This experience is the expression of the truth, what else could it be? The act of forcing anything is delusion.
Thoughts can't affect anything, they are co-dependent factors that arise with the entire universe.

Clive

Clive

God Heavenlove
Jun 18, 2023
Beliefs are just projections of the ego, everything is already perfect in its own way, there's nothing that must need to be and that's why it is divine and beautiful as it is. Labeling things and filtering our experience is what keeps us bound, your nature is intrinsically free.

The ego doesn't even exist, it's just a clenched fist and once you release it, there's nothing being held other than everything that surrounds it. All that happened was that the clenching stopped.

"you" can't even do anything even though "You" are everything. Everything that takes place takes the effort of the whole universe to do.

You are the truth, how could you not be? This experience is the expression of the truth, what else could it be? The act of forcing anything is delusion.
Thoughts can't affect anything, they are co-dependent factors that arise with the entire universe.
Beautifully put.

Though thoughts are co-dependent on everything, as all things exist in relationship, they do carry the power to influence reality. It is the role of consciousness animating the thoughts in one's mind to unveil fragments of the truth we've yet to fully realize, and through that understanding awaken to what our soul yearns for - our purpose within creation - guiding the thoughts thereafter to the fulfillment of it.

Beliefs can exist in the absence of ego, and beliefs influence what thoughts come about.

Because just as one can believe in lack and the separation from all else, they can also believe in abundance and their oneness with all things in creation. We simply want to cleanse our beliefs in ego's projections.

Last edited:
N

Neetmaxxxing69

NEET
May 12, 2023
life is pretty wack I got to bang a couple girls in highschool other than that life sucks

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Beautifully put.

Though thoughts are co-dependent on everything, as all things exist in relationship, they do carry the power to influence reality. It is the role of consciousness animating the thoughts in one's mind to unveil fragments of the truth we've yet to fully realize, and through that understanding awaken to what our soul yearns for - our purpose within creation - guiding the thoughts thereafter to the fulfillment of it.

Beliefs can exist in the absence of ego. Because just as one can believe in lack and the separation from all else, they can believe in abundance and their oneness with all things in creation. We simply want to cleanse our beliefs of ego's projections.
We don't have a purpose within creation other than being creations in creation, all is one. Consciousness is what drives reality and what reality is driven by, and it is experienced as mind and body. There is oneness without beliefs, beliefs and perception are the separating factor.

Clive

Clive

God Heavenlove
Jun 18, 2023
We don't have a purpose within creation other than being creations in creation, all is one. Consciousness is what drives reality and what reality is driven by, and it is experienced as mind and body. There is oneness without beliefs, beliefs and perception are the separating factor.
We do have purposes within creation, but I do see the wisdom in your words.

Maybe you're proposing that any thoughts or beliefs we have is an incomplete conception of the Source, the unifying force in all things, and it's best to operate in a place of complete selflessness; where we become detached from our sense self, and become an ideal servant of the Source by residing in no mind.

I would say you're partially right if that is the case. Because I do think that thoughts and beliefs play a role in creation by giving shape to our intentions in accordance with the laws of reality. The dissolution of our sense of an individuated self is integral, but so too is the crystallization of a powerful consciousness created from a discerning mind that realizes it's purpose within the grand design.

Jesus said: "be pure as doves, but wise as serpents." We cannot remain in or return to purity without having discernment. To gain agency and power as we raise our frequency necessitates that we raise our mental powers. Otherwise we risk harming others and ourselves due to not understanding our blessing.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
We do have purposes within creation, but I do see the wisdom in your words.

Maybe you're proposing that any thoughts or beliefs we have is an incomplete conception of the Source, the unifying force in all things, and it's best to operate in a place of complete selflessness; where we become detached from our sense self, and become an ideal servant of the Source by residing in no mind.

I would say you're partially right if that is the case. Because I do think that thoughts and beliefs play a role in creation by giving shape to our intentions in accordance with the laws of reality. The dissolution of our sense of an individuated self is integral, but so too is the crystallization of a powerful consciousness created from a discerning mind that realizes it's purpose within the grand design.

Jesus said: "be pure as doves, but wise as serpents." We cannot remain in or return to purity without having discernment. To gain agency and power as we raise our frequency necessitates that we raise our mental power, otherwise we risk harming others and ourselves due to our lack of understanding.
It mustn't be that complex, even when people act unconsciously they are acting out of the greater consciousness.

There is in fact only consciousness, and the only thing we need to do is increase our awareness, our presence in this moment which is eternity. Our purpose is celebration of life, it is living authentically with our whole being.

Clive

Clive

God Heavenlove
Jun 18, 2023
It mustn't be that complex, even when people act unconsciously they are acting out of the greater consciousness.

There is in fact only consciousness, and the only thing we need to do is increase our awareness, our presence in this moment which is eternity. Our purpose is celebration of life, it is living authentically with our whole being.
I'll apply that wisdom.

Activity
So far there's no one here