Serious Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
I think Fabio could make a good mod
Thinking that I would ever agree to that is a graycel moment.

Lycan

Lycan

still in education
Jun 13, 2022
1. because i have had mod experience on discord and i am a good rule enforcer and i can help the site 😎

2. i havent been posting much but i have been checking the site everyday since i made my account

Kaynbred

Kaynbred

Jun 8, 2022
1. because i have had mod experience on discord and i am a good rule enforcer and i can help the site 😎

2. i havent been posting much but i have been checking the site everyday since i made my account
It’s a dead site

PlutoThePlanetCel

PlutoThePlanetCel

NEET
May 13, 2022

Mod application post - Apply within if you're interested in becoming a moderator of AskReddit.​

A couple of quick points:
  • While you won't be ignored if you have no modding experience, this is an extremely difficult subreddit to moderate as a first one. If you want to mod here in the future, we strongly recommend getting some experience in smaller subreddit - r/needamod always has openings.
  • Every time we make an application post, we have applicants all of a sudden messaging us with rule breaking posts when they've never done that before. Trust me, if you don't already message us regularly, it will only make it seem like you just started paying attention to AskReddit now. That's not to say that you can't message us, I just want to be clear that that strategy is extremely transparent.
  • The questions are long and involved because moderating requires a lot of time and effort. If you're turned off by the questions or have limited time to commit, please do not apply.
  • This post will be in contest mode and votes will be ignored. Don't waste your time or effort downvoting other applicants. If you're not applying and have legitimate concerns about someone who has applied (history modding together etc.), you can message us.

Please apply below. Take your time and make sure you're proud of your answers - we won't close applications for at least a few days and speed won't be favoured. You can structure your response however you like but we would like you to answer the following questions:
  1. What timezone do you live in and what hours do you normally reddit? How many hours a week do you normally use reddit?
  2. Where have you moderated before? What do you like and dislike about moderating? If you could ask the admins to change one thing about moderating, what would it be?
  3. What does AskReddit need to change? How would you improve AskReddit by being on the team?
  4. A post goes up and your gut says that it breaks the rules but you’re not sure which rule it breaks. What do you do?
  5. Why is rule 5 important? Should there be exceptions made? If so, what?
  6. Why is rule 6 important? Should there be exceptions made? If so, what?
  7. Do you agree with the expansion of rule 8? Why or why not?
  8. What should the role of moderators be? Should moderators “let the upvotes decide”?
  9. What do you consider to be a bannable offence?
  10. You’re a new mod and you see another mod make a banning that you don’t think is justified. What do you do?
  11. What experience do you have with CSS and creating automod conditions?

If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to message the mod group.
Edit: My apologies, left off question 11

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Very interesting, I think I have the proper qualifications for this job. As for why I want to be a moderator, I believe strongly in the future of neetcel kind, I promise my reign will be generous and free of any type of legal troubles. I can moderate 6am to 3pm, Mon-Fri, I'll need Saturday and Sunday off though.

Fbifrog

Lucillian

Lucillian

Lecnilatir) Tomorrow will be a good day.
Nov 30, 2020
I would like to be one and I think I would be a great moderator since I’ve done it before, however I don’t know if I’ll be able to be active enough

Lucillian

Lucillian

Nov 30, 2020
Very interesting, I think I have the proper qualifications for this job. As for why I want to be a moderator, I believe strongly in the future of neetcel kind, I promise my reign will be generous and free of any type of legal troubles. I can moderate 6am to 3pm, Mon-Fri, I'll need Saturday and Sunday off though.

View attachment 41510
Pepejak

Lucillian

Lucillian

Nov 30, 2020
Stickied Janny Soyboy | Soy Boy Face / Soyjak | Know Your Meme
>I'm banning you for life

Straizer

Straizer

NEET
Apr 27, 2022
Hello community,

I believe we need another moderator or 2 at the time. If you're interested in being a janny, please send your application to myself with the following information:

Thank you!
give me admin and some revenue and ill think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
So far there's no one here