money to be made in space?

• Thread starter MyNameIsHammurabi
  • Start date
MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
I’ve been bombarded with videos about mining asteroids, space tourism, and the profitability of space colonies. Space exploration looks to be a huge waste of money at the moment. Outside earth we only have uninhabitable, cold, dead planets. Many always argue that muh nasa helps discover new technologies. Really not true. The internet, gps, satellites were all already being used by the military and would have been developed regardless of space exploration. It would actually been better if we funded each of the technologies independently. I can’t understand the fascination that the rich have with space. what is there vision and end goal? Am I failing to see something or is the whole exploring the cosmos an entire vanity project.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
they want to bring suffering and death to other planets where there is peace with no sentient beings i would fund project zeus tho

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
can astronauts be incels?

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
incels might be the best candidates. You are not allowed to reproduce in space. They would also need men who don’t have anything to lose on earth and wouldn’t care about death.
They’d paradoxically either need incels who crave isolation or a bunch of very robust couples who can stand being among only their group for very long periods without infighting.
As for the OT, space mining would have poor ROI as far as better technology doesn’t exist. Carrying a ton a anything still costs millions per ton. It did already decrease from billions though. A ton of pure rhodium or platinum might do the trick if it’s even possible to collect that much in one trip. Wouldn’t market prices not immediately drop though? Things to ponder.

Activity
So far there's no one here