Media Sousou no Frieren really did surpass Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as the number 1 anime in My Anime List

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
Crazy stuff, I watched Fullmetal a long time ago and I thought it was pretty good, I wouldn't put it as my number one, but definitely a good anime to watch. As long as I can remember it has been the number one anime on my anime list, but now a new anime called Sousou no Frieren is number one. Never heard of that show before, but maybe it's worth the watch?

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
I dropped it after the first episode. I thought it doesn't make sense how the main girl has been travelling with her companions for 10 years without knowing anything about them. But someone also said that the point is to showcase how elves perceive time and reality differently. Still, I don't buy that. Maybe I will return to it some time later though

I'm not sure why it is so popular

Saito

Saito

NEET
Sep 19, 2021
Crazy stuff, I watched Fullmetal a long time ago and I thought it was pretty good, I wouldn't put it as my number one, but definitely a good anime to watch. As long as I can remember it has been the number one anime on my anime list, but now a new anime called Sousou no Frieren is number one. Never heard of that show before, but maybe it's worth the watch?
It's pretty good. Not much action but the story and little interactions more than make up for it.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
It's good but not #1 level good. Don't take MAL ratings seriously, every season there's an anime that gets rated #1 from hype, usually it's an above average anime that appeals to normies. FMA will take it's place sooner or later like it always does.

Madao2244

Madao2244

NEET
Jan 14, 2024
it probably would change soon and FMA will be number one again. Same thing happened when Oshi no Ko released as I remember

Muri

Muri

Tired
Apr 11, 2022
i held myself back because it had a isekai tag kinda regret it now

Activity
So far there's no one here