Story tfw

AI-cel

AI-cel

Hikkikomori
Dec 8, 2022
you joined to the discord channel, who's creator is dead

I think i've joined this channel a year ago.
It was comfy indie game developer from Japan whos making mostly Survival horror / first person games

H
owever, there's no new youtube videos for more than half a year

Anyways after short discussion with other members i've find out that there was a stream in which she alt-tabs to sodium nitrate page
And basically it's obvious that theres no point waiting for new devlogs. All that left is some prototype of a game and a blog

Here's some riddance for immersion

Rant rant rant​

That’s going to sound really weird, especially coming from me, a 22 year old zoomer (or am I a millenial? I don’t know anymore, the terms are so mixed up that I couldn’t give less fucks, really), but back in my day making games alone wasn’t even a possibility for many of us. Especially in Poland, my home country - everyone’s poor english skills, low end hardware, the Internet that wasn’t as popular as it is today and all that. Of course there was modding, mapping or whatever but it never was the same thing as making something of your own. Growing up, I didn’t even have a PC. What I had though, was a PS1 with lots of different games, mostly japanese, in japanese. Some of these happened to be the UK PlayStation Magazine’s demo disks though, which sometimes contained a lot of indie games made by random people in their basements all over the world. I remember that the whole thing was called Net Yaroze, and while I didn’t know it back then, these would be the games that made me want to make my own sometime later. I kept playing them over and over right until ~2006 when one day my father brought a brand new PS2. It wasn’t anything special at the time, but I remember that I was really happy about it. Anyway, that was when I completely forgot about the weird homebrew games and moved on to the “real” ones. Not that the games on the PS1 were any worse, I just liked playing the demos as they provided the most variety to me. A few years later I finally got a PC with access to the Internet and that’s when I learned what the Net Yaroze games really were. As you might guess, that was the point where I knew that I had to make a game myself someday - because if these people managed to make a console game of all things, then how hard making a PC game can be? Oh, how wrong I was. Going back to the present, indie game development has became a subject so popular that nobody’s surprised when they hear about a single person releasing a successful game, and while this is a good thing, I also kind of hate it at the same time. Well, enough of this boring little “backstory” of mine, I can’t run out of all of my potential topics so soon.

The life of a depressed lone developer​

So here we are. The year is 2022, game engines are freely available and well documented, free, and I have a PC that can somewhat handle the tasks of 3D modeling, programming, texturing, music production and all that stuff. How come I never actually released a game before? It seemed so easy, right? Jeez, now that I’m thinking - I never even got close to having anything actually playable. Well, maybe that one project I’ve shown on YouTube, but I seriously doubt it counts. Anyway, where’s the problem? Let me tell you.

First off, hesitation. This is the biggest killer of mine right now. Do I make a 3D yume nikki clone? Nah, that’d take too much time with my ambitions. A 2D multiplayer roguelite shooter? Nope, I don’t have the time to actually learn drawing and pixel art. A 3D walking simulator? I’d have to get really creative, nobody would play something that has been done a thousand times already. I hope you’re starting to notice the pattern here. Besides, these were all projects that I started and even went far into them but dropped because various reasons. I could keep on going, but I’d probably wear down my keyboard that way. Also besides that, there’s the thought of whatever I make not being original enough at the back of my head. If that wasn’t enough, I’ll add something to top it all off - as a perfectionist, no matter what or how much I make, it’s never enough. Growing up with ambitious games, I believe that I’ve learned what makes a good piece of media, and with just that I buried the possibility of me ever releasing a successful game. Not that I know how to make a perfect game, though whenever I hear a song, sound, or even when I see a stupid fucking texture, there’s a huge chance that it’ll make me imagine a whole scene based just on that one thing. And with that, a specific feeling starts to accompany me. Some time ago I’d say that it was excitement, right now it is a feeling of incompleteness, or maybe… hopelesness? I don’t know how to call it, really. I’m no movie director or Hideo Kojima, I’m all on my own. Besides, even if somebody wanted to help me make my dream come true - I can’t just tell somebody what to do, I’m not a bossy type of person. I’m too much of a pussy, afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings. That’s also why I’m not really keen on the idea of working with others. I always have my own vision of the game or whatever, but it’s mean to force something upon others, right? What if they don’t like my ideas? But then, because of me giving away too much control over the project, the work I put into it becomes meaningless, just an empty shell of time spent and lost dreams. I guess that’s why I’ll never make a real game, there’s only so much a single person can do. Oops, I didn’t mean to make it so… you know. Well, maybe I lied. I don’t have anyone that would enjoy listening to me complain, so excuse me - I had to do it here. Anyway, what now?

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Average discord server timeline
>guy creates server
>server becomes popular
>some girls join
>everyone starts engaging in drama over pussy
>people start blocking each other and arguing over e-pussy
>server dies

AI-cel

AI-cel

Hikkikomori
Dec 8, 2022
>guy creates server
>server becomes popular
>some girls join
>server dies
i dont know many discord servers but this one still exists. they should add option to inherit discord servers if the owner is inactive for ( some period of time ).

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
>guy creates server
>server becomes popular
>some girls join
>server dies
My old weeb server from 2 years ago perfectly dercribed, we reached 240 members and it died bc of drama, was a normie one so it was meant to die. (I prefer small incel servers with 20-30 ppl at most) still like discord :3

Last edited:
K

Kevin Logan

NEET
Sep 22, 2021
you joined to the discord channel, who's creator is dead

I think i've joined this channel a year ago.
It was comfy indie game developer from Japan whos making mostly Survival horror / first person games

H
owever, there's no new youtube videos for more than half a year

Anyways after short discussion with other members i've find out that there was a stream in which she alt-tabs to sodium nitrate page
And basically it's obvious that theres no point waiting for new devlogs. All that left is some prototype of a game and a blog

Here's some riddance for immersion

Rant rant rant​

That’s going to sound really weird, especially coming from me, a 22 year old zoomer (or am I a millenial? I don’t know anymore, the terms are so mixed up that I couldn’t give less fucks, really), but back in my day making games alone wasn’t even a possibility for many of us. Especially in Poland, my home country - everyone’s poor english skills, low end hardware, the Internet that wasn’t as popular as it is today and all that. Of course there was modding, mapping or whatever but it never was the same thing as making something of your own. Growing up, I didn’t even have a PC. What I had though, was a PS1 with lots of different games, mostly japanese, in japanese. Some of these happened to be the UK PlayStation Magazine’s demo disks though, which sometimes contained a lot of indie games made by random people in their basements all over the world. I remember that the whole thing was called Net Yaroze, and while I didn’t know it back then, these would be the games that made me want to make my own sometime later. I kept playing them over and over right until ~2006 when one day my father brought a brand new PS2. It wasn’t anything special at the time, but I remember that I was really happy about it. Anyway, that was when I completely forgot about the weird homebrew games and moved on to the “real” ones. Not that the games on the PS1 were any worse, I just liked playing the demos as they provided the most variety to me. A few years later I finally got a PC with access to the Internet and that’s when I learned what the Net Yaroze games really were. As you might guess, that was the point where I knew that I had to make a game myself someday - because if these people managed to make a console game of all things, then how hard making a PC game can be? Oh, how wrong I was. Going back to the present, indie game development has became a subject so popular that nobody’s surprised when they hear about a single person releasing a successful game, and while this is a good thing, I also kind of hate it at the same time. Well, enough of this boring little “backstory” of mine, I can’t run out of all of my potential topics so soon.

The life of a depressed lone developer​

So here we are. The year is 2022, game engines are freely available and well documented, free, and I have a PC that can somewhat handle the tasks of 3D modeling, programming, texturing, music production and all that stuff. How come I never actually released a game before? It seemed so easy, right? Jeez, now that I’m thinking - I never even got close to having anything actually playable. Well, maybe that one project I’ve shown on YouTube, but I seriously doubt it counts. Anyway, where’s the problem? Let me tell you.

First off, hesitation. This is the biggest killer of mine right now. Do I make a 3D yume nikki clone? Nah, that’d take too much time with my ambitions. A 2D multiplayer roguelite shooter? Nope, I don’t have the time to actually learn drawing and pixel art. A 3D walking simulator? I’d have to get really creative, nobody would play something that has been done a thousand times already. I hope you’re starting to notice the pattern here. Besides, these were all projects that I started and even went far into them but dropped because various reasons. I could keep on going, but I’d probably wear down my keyboard that way. Also besides that, there’s the thought of whatever I make not being original enough at the back of my head. If that wasn’t enough, I’ll add something to top it all off - as a perfectionist, no matter what or how much I make, it’s never enough. Growing up with ambitious games, I believe that I’ve learned what makes a good piece of media, and with just that I buried the possibility of me ever releasing a successful game. Not that I know how to make a perfect game, though whenever I hear a song, sound, or even when I see a stupid fucking texture, there’s a huge chance that it’ll make me imagine a whole scene based just on that one thing. And with that, a specific feeling starts to accompany me. Some time ago I’d say that it was excitement, right now it is a feeling of incompleteness, or maybe… hopelesness? I don’t know how to call it, really. I’m no movie director or Hideo Kojima, I’m all on my own. Besides, even if somebody wanted to help me make my dream come true - I can’t just tell somebody what to do, I’m not a bossy type of person. I’m too much of a pussy, afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings. That’s also why I’m not really keen on the idea of working with others. I always have my own vision of the game or whatever, but it’s mean to force something upon others, right? What if they don’t like my ideas? But then, because of me giving away too much control over the project, the work I put into it becomes meaningless, just an empty shell of time spent and lost dreams. I guess that’s why I’ll never make a real game, there’s only so much a single person can do. Oops, I didn’t mean to make it so… you know. Well, maybe I lied. I don’t have anyone that would enjoy listening to me complain, so excuse me - I had to do it here. Anyway, what now?
Where did you copypaste this?

Cope_Time

Cope_Time

162.19.153.102 join now!
Nov 27, 2020

Rant rant rant​

thirdworldcel

thirdworldcel

NEET
Feb 22, 2023
One day you will complete one buddy, maybe it will not be popular because indie quirky games are oversaturated now. If this guy can do it with an old computer you can too

Activity
So far there's no one here