Discussion The real disgrace of watching anime

UglyBastard

UglyBastard

People die when they are killed
Mar 28, 2023
That feeling after watching the last episode of a long-running series never changes.
It's terrible, I've been watching anime for over two decades and it just never changes.
I'm having one of those feelings right now, at this very moment.

Every time it's like this, no matter whether the anime ends well or not, the feeling is one of pure melancholy.
What a horrible thing, mate... It's a painful, extremely discouraging feeling of non-fulfilment.

It's as if in a flash I realise how banal it is to watch these things...
But also that I'll never watch it with the same intensity as the first time.
I go to sleep, and when I wake up I'll have forgotten that feeling, but does this happen to you too?

Riddler

Riddler

NEET
Oct 18, 2023
It's not just anime it's any long-form medium. Normies say the same thing about Netflix series

If you're not an avid reader I reccomend books. Long form fantasy series like the wheel of time or stormlight archive can get similar to anime. You'll get the same feeling after finishing it but you might discover a love for a whole new medium

browncel

browncel

Banned
Jan 31, 2024
Gintama was awesome. It was a awesome journey i got sad when it ended. Felt like there was nothing else.....

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
Not just long series, I've felt the same way with short series. There are some that are only 12 episodes long, but hit you hard and when that happens I feel this existential dread when it's over.

Activity
So far there's no one here