Discussion Ultimate freedom

What does ultimate freedom mean to you? Does it even exist, or is there no such thing?

• Something materialistic; like being able to buy everything I like, or living self-sufficient.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Not be bound to the rules of this world; like outer body traveling for example.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Such a thing like ultimate freedom doesn't exist, people only cope by believing that shit.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other/not listed - please elaborate

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Currently in search of Hyperborea
Feb 20, 2022
Always thought being independent from others would be it, but lately I'm not so sure anymore.
I think simply "being dead/simply not existing" doesn't count, cause when you don't exist, you can't define freedom, or anything at all, in the first place.
Is achieving "Ultimate Freedom" even desirable?

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Freedom is the ability to do what one wants
Freedom is restrained by rules and barriers
Too much freedom isn’t good just like to much sleep or too much food, you need to regulate yourself.
On a more metaphysical level, do we even have the choice to be free, are we bound by our nature and follow suit

Depends what you mean by freedom tbh

Agoraneet

Agoraneet

Aug 26, 2021
Shapeshift into any form or any person you want.
Have access to central memory data of entire human existence.
Becoming formless.
15$ worldview frame
Knowing the secrets of spacetime

Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Currently in search of Hyperborea
Feb 20, 2022
Depends what you mean by freedom tbh
Yeah, that's the point of my post. Everyone has an other definition for it, I wanted to start a discussion about it.
Freedom is the ability to do what one wants
Theory: Everyone is doing what he wants, you can't do anything else.
When you slave 8h a day for some company to get money; you do it because you want the money.
Maybe you wouldn't want to need to work at all, but because you need the money you want to work.
So everyone is free, even the slave cause he chooses so.
That's what I think, since I read Max Stirner

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Yeah, that's the point of my post. Everyone has an other definition for it, I wanted to start a discussion about it.

Theory: Everyone is doing what he wants, you can't do anything else.
When you slave 8h a day for some company to get money; you do it because you want the money.
Maybe you wouldn't want to need to work at all, but because you need the money you want to work.
So everyone is free, even the slave cause he chooses so.
That's what I think, since I read Max Stirner
Extremely based

K

kaang

lurkercel
Oct 29, 2021
free freedom GIF

Agoraneet

Agoraneet

Aug 26, 2021
Mind so powerful, you can cut space with it.
Travel at speed of thought
Manifest anything you as soon as you imagine it.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Not even without civilization you would be free, you’d still be bound to your biological imperatives and still bound to the laws of physics such as the laws of thermodynamics and time.
But then, you're not bound by social contracts. Acting solely on biological imperatives is arguably the ultimate freedom

p@rc@

p@rc@

divine
Dec 2, 2020
But then, you're not bound by social contracts. Acting solely on biological imperatives is arguably the ultimate freedom
it maybe the ultimate achievable freedom but it’s not absolute/truly ultimate freedom

Even in this scenario you’d still have other humans around you who could also act on their instincts to your detriment. That would lead to a formation of communities, probably leading to the existence of tribalistic unwritten social contracts (behave like this around your fellow tribesmen otherwise you will be killed, etc)

Only a loner, in this scenerio would close to that ultimate freedom, but for his own best interests he’d would behave around powerful tribes or avoid them (making his “ultimate” freedom really not that ultimate)

Agoraneet

Agoraneet

Aug 26, 2021
Having an entire city or global circuits connected directly to your body, your veins. The roads and currencies are straight up connected to your veins. Ability to influence it with your mood such as when you're getting hot blooded, the blood on streets spill.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Having an entire city or global circuits connected directly to your body, your veins. The roads and currencies are straight up connected to your veins. Ability to influence it with your mood such as when you're getting hot blooded, the blood on streets spill.
@Serial Experiments @Lain

Activity
So far there's no one here