We are the children of light

Chazz

Chazz

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
John 1
4In Him was life [and the power to bestow life], and the life was the Light of men

Mathew 5
14“You are the light of [Christ to] the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good deeds and moral excellence

Ephesians 5
13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said:“Wake up, sleeper,rise from the dead,and Christ will shine on you

John 12
34At this the crowd answered Him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ is to remain forever; how then can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?” So Jesus said to them, “The Light is among you [only] a little while longer.

Walk while you have the Light [keep on living by it], so that darkness will not overtake you. He who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going [he is drifting aimlessly]. While you have the Light, believe and trust in the Light [have faith in it, hold on to it, rely on it], so that you may become sons of Light [being filled with Light as followers of God].”

1 Thessalonians 5
5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness

Luke 11
4The eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is clear [spiritually perceptive, focused on God], your whole body also is full of light [benefiting from God’s precepts]. But when it is bad [spiritually blind], your body also is full of darkness [devoid of God’s word].

Be careful, therefore, that the light that is in you is not darkness. So if your whole body is illuminated, with no dark part, it will be entirely bright [with light], as when the lamp gives you light with its bright rays.”

John 9
5But while I am here in the world, I am the light of the world.

1 John 2
8On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true and realized in Christ and in you, because the darkness [of moral blindness] is clearing away and the true Light [the revelation of God in Christ] is already shining.

9The one who says he is in the Light [in consistent fellowship with Christ] and yet habitually hates (works against) his brother [in Christ] is in the darkness until now.

10The one who loves and unselfishly seeks the best for his [believing] brother lives in the Light, and in him there is no occasion for stumbling or offense [he does not hurt the cause of Christ or lead others to sin].

11But the one who habitually hates (works against) his brother [in Christ] is in [spiritual] darkness and is walking in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

2 Corinthians 4
3But even if our gospel is [in some sense] hidden [behind a veil], it is hidden [only] to those who are perishing; among them the god of this world [Satan] has blinded the minds of the unbelieving to prevent them from seeing the illuminating light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves [merely] as your bond-servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give us the Light of the knowledge of the glory and majesty of God [clearly revealed] in the face of Christ.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
The philosophical concept of trinity in the Catholic traditions will never make sense to me tbh.
If I was to ever be a Christian, I'll most definitely be a follower of the Eastern Orthodox church

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020

Chazz

Chazz

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
The philosophical concept of trinity in the Catholic traditions will never make sense to me tbh.
If I was to ever be a Christian, I'll most definitely be a follower of the Eastern Orthodox church
The father was the first of everything.He existed before time and anything was created.Then he decided to make the mother,the holy spirit.They are both invisible.Together they made the son christ is the the visible image of both,that's why christ says father is in me and I am in the father and the holy spirit lives in all of us

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
The father was the first of everything.He existed before time and anything was created.Then he decided to make the mother,the holy spirit.They are both invisible.Together they made the son christ is the the visible image of both,that's why christ says father is in me and I am in the father and the holy spirit lives in all of us
Amen

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
The East Orthodox church also believes in the trinity. It is unitarian christians that don't believe in it.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
The East Orthodox church also believes in the trinity. It is unitarian christians that don't believe in it.
Look up the Filioque clause in the Eastern Orthodox traditions. Their view of the Trinity makes much more sense overall, logically speaking anyway.

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020
This is what happens when you keep losing duel monster battles with Judai/Jaden, you start religion coping.

Activity
So far there's no one here