Lifestyle What to do about anhedonia?

• Thread starter PointOfNoReturn
  • Start date
PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Pneuma
Jun 11, 2022
I feel absolutely nothing positive just profound indifference towards everything. I get no satisfaction or pleasure from food, games, work, purchases, nor anything else I do. The closest thing to wants I have is wanting to just sleep because it's easier than anything else and requires less thinking.
GIF by Funimation

Nightmare5000

Nightmare5000

See you space cowboy...
Dec 2, 2023
I feel absolutely nothing positive just profound indifference towards everything. I get no satisfaction or pleasure from food, games, work, purchases, nor anything else I do. The closest thing to wants I have is wanting to just sleep because it's easier than anything else and requires less thinking.
GIF by Funimation
Are you in SSRIs?

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
I would give advice on how you should try to abstain from electronic use & jerking it or whatnot, but that is much easier said than done and it's not like I would follow that advice myself. I am emotionally numbed, so everytime I think of something that would usually make me feel happy or aroused I feel my being try to stuff it down & block it.

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
I would give advice on how you should try to abstain from electronic use & jerking it or whatnot, but that is much easier said than done and it's not like I would follow that advice myself. I am emotionally numbed, so everytime I think of something that would usually make me feel happy or aroused I feel my being try to stuff it down & block it.
are u telling this to me

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
how are you ? i never seen u for a while friend
Doing fine, life is just shit like usual but its something one gets used to overtime. I really wish there is something positive I could say & not bitch about my circumstances all the time, but I really can't get myself to feel anything else. How have you been?

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
Doing fine, life is just shit like usual but its something one gets used to overtime. I really wish there is something positive I could say & not bitch about my circumstances all the time, but I really can't get myself to feel anything else. How have you been?
playing video games and going out on Walmart to see women and buy roasted chicken

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
Yup, you have it much better compared to me. I dont get joy from video games anymore, what do you play these days?

Wow so you are getting women on the side as well, unless you are implying something else
u know it iam an ugly indian migrant .white foids ,black foids and hispanic foids dont want me so i look at them with watering mouth from a corner while they pass me

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
u know it iam an ugly indian migrant .white foids ,black foids and hispanic foids dont want me so i look at them with watering mouth from a corner while they pass me
Ugly is ugly, whether you be white brown or yellow. Do you hope to get in an arranged marriage or something? I mean it can definitely help with your sexual frustration but you will be stuck in a loveless relationship out of sheer burden.

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
Ugly is ugly, whether you be white brown or yellow. Do you hope to get in an arranged marriage or something? I mean it can definitely help with your sexual frustration but you will be stuck in a loveless relationship out of sheer burden.
i heard many white guys saying wish i was an indian dude got arranged to a currygirl.It looks simple but it is harder.No man will give his daughter to a ugly ,poor,jobless indian neet who live with his parents.Girls family will look for grroms family history and whether he have a high paying job.It has to be perfect to qualify for marriage

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
i heard many white guys saying wish i was an indian dude got arranged to a currygirl.It looks simple but it is harder.No man will give his daughter to a ugly ,poor,jobless indian neet who live with his parents.Girls family will look for grroms family history and whether he have a high paying job.It has to be perfect to qualify for marriage
brutal .....I must be on incel.is

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
get back here now

STREAMRUSHER4578

STREAMRUSHER4578

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
life is brootal for me never had sex with a woman in my life

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
GIF by Funimation
see a shrink, just for lulz

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
nootropics are cope just get on pharma drugs like ssris
Pharma drugs are a joke. Tea that Europeans have been drinking for thousands of years to "improve mood" has been shown to mog SSRIs. See here. In several European countries they prescribe St John's Wort over SSRIs, like Germany as an example. Or other supplements such as saffron, it's found to be of the same efficacy as SSRIs (or better, depending on the study). If you look at the pharmacokinetics, that is, what it does to various neurotransmitters after you ingest it, you'll find a wide array of things other than serotonin that could contribute to this and that makes either of these "nootropics" or "supplements" (if you want to be disparaging to them) much better. The thing I like the most about both of these compounds is that both of them raise GABA as well, as someone that's somewhat anxious at times, the best thing I can ascribe the feeling is as if I've had a beer or two, it's relaxing but not in an overwhelming or disorienting way.

GIF by Funimation
You should try bromantane and saffron together. What you'll get is a great and consistent rise in dopamine, serotonin and GABA. So instead of feeling anhedonic, you'll feel more energy, more confidence, more focus, more pleasure and less anxiety, in a nutshell. The problem with most "antidepressants" is that they overly focus on serotonin, it's been shown in various studies that too much serotonin and you'll feel sedated/low energy/robotic, if you ever look up SSRI side effects and individuals talk about it, this is very common. In part, because it's just too much serotonin, there's been studies done where people will take microdoses of SSRIs and get a positive benefit because the doses prescribed typically are just far too much. You can pickup bromantane from science.bio and saffron from nootropics depot. Taking this combo together and I can make myself hypomanic at will whenever I want which is amazing to say the least :feelsthumb:

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Also, 30 minutes of walking, 3x a week has been found to be more effective than SSRIs. Proteins from foods is the precursor to dopamine/serotonin/etc so a diet rich in protein and healthy fats (such as olive oil) will give a SURGE in neurotransmitters. Upping your protein intake + exercising + sleeping well + those 2 supplements and you'll be high dopamine as fuck :feelsok: it's worth

PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Pneuma
Jun 11, 2022
Also, 30 minutes of walking, 3x a week has been found to be more effective than SSRIs.
2 hour night walks was my cope for boredom but I’m stuck indoors now due to the cold.
You should try bromantane and saffron together. What you'll get is a great and consistent rise in dopamine, serotonin and GABA.
Thanks I’m going to try them both out.

bloomedwengts

bloomedwengts

:3
Dec 7, 2020
Pharma drugs are a joke. Tea that Europeans have been drinking for thousands of years to "improve mood" has been shown to mog SSRIs. See here. In several European countries they prescribe St John's Wort over SSRIs, like Germany as an example. Or other supplements such as saffron, it's found to be of the same efficacy as SSRIs (or better, depending on the study). If you look at the pharmacokinetics, that is, what it does to various neurotransmitters after you ingest it, you'll find a wide array of things other than serotonin that could contribute to this and that makes either of these "nootropics" or "supplements" (if you want to be disparaging to them) much better. The thing I like the most about both of these compounds is that both of them raise GABA as well, as someone that's somewhat anxious at times, the best thing I can ascribe the feeling is as if I've had a beer or two, it's relaxing but not in an overwhelming or disorienting way.

You should try bromantane and saffron together. What you'll get is a great and consistent rise in dopamine, serotonin and GABA. So instead of feeling anhedonic, you'll feel more energy, more confidence, more focus, more pleasure and less anxiety, in a nutshell. The problem with most "antidepressants" is that they overly focus on serotonin, it's been shown in various studies that too much serotonin and you'll feel sedated/low energy/robotic, if you ever look up SSRI side effects and individuals talk about it, this is very common. In part, because it's just too much serotonin, there's been studies done where people will take microdoses of SSRIs and get a positive benefit because the doses prescribed typically are just far too much. You can pickup bromantane from science.bio and saffron from nootropics depot. Taking this combo together and I can make myself hypomanic at will whenever I want which is amazing to say the least :feelsthumb:
Could be placebo. Could be ppl getting on the wrong ssris or other drugs which happens a lot since big pharma pushes them so much. That doesn't mean they're useless. There are many different ones and they don't all target serotonin. You would only say that if you didn't know the difference between the gens like maois or if you're just oversimplifying for the sake of making a point.

I've tried nootropics and notice that the issue with them is you're always second-guessing the effects since you don't have access to a professional. Especially if you mix several. For example people will say wonders about Magnesium for sleep while it gives others panic attacks. And you coud get trapped in a cycle of taking many things to find out what works bc everyone is different. Also pharma-grade drugs affect neurotransmitters, but a lot of them in much more complex ways than just "increase X, decrease Y!". Their pharmacology is much more studied than most nootropics. Try to find how adaptogens like Ashwaganda work and tell me if it's really comparable what we know about ssris and smt like Ashwaganda. Everyone is different and will be affected by any substance of drug but at least I could find info about older ssris like maois and newer gen and see how they differ, instead of relying on internet randos experiences

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Could be placebo. Could be ppl getting on the wrong ssris or other drugs which happens a lot since big pharma pushes them so much. That doesn't mean they're useless. There are many different ones and they don't all target serotonin. You would only say that if you didn't know the difference between the gens like maois or if you're just oversimplifying for the sake of making a point.

I've tried nootropics and notice that the issue with them is you're always second-guessing the effects since you don't have access to a professional. Especially if you mix several. For example people will say wonders about Magnesium for sleep while it gives others panic attacks. And you coud get trapped in a cycle of taking many things to find out what works bc everyone is different. Also pharma-grade drugs affect neurotransmitters, but a lot of them in much more complex ways than just "increase X, decrease Y!". Their pharmacology is much more studied than most nootropics. Try to find how adaptogens like Ashwaganda work and tell me if it's really comparable what we know about ssris and smt like Ashwaganda. Everyone is different and will be affected by any substance of drug but at least I could find info about older ssris like maois and newer gen and see how they differ, instead of relying on internet randos experiences
Getting panic attacks on GABA agonists is a joke, it's not the magnesium that's giving anyone panic attacks. Much more likely something else, either a stimulant or some other stressor gave those people a panic attack. Pretty much all SSRIs are shown to work similarly to placebo, MAOIs work but because they hit multiple neurotransmitters, not serotonin. St John's Wort works because it works on multiple neurotransmitters (dopamine and norepinephrine and GABA, as well as mildly increasing serotonin levels). You get consistent effects based off the pharmacokinetics of a drug, if you raise up norepinephrine for example, you'll have your blood pressure and heart rate raised, attention focused, a type of tunnel vision with a bit of euphoria. If you raise up GABA, you'll feel less anxiety. Serotonin isn't the depression neurotransmitter, if you raise it up enough, you feel incredibly dull and slow, though slow enough you don't feel depressed.

St John's Wort as an example has been used for thousands of years prior to the invention of SSRIs and has meta analysis studies detailing it's efficacy. It's not placebo. It's studied like SSRIs but unlike SSRIs (that is, ones like Lexapro, Zoloft, not MAOIs which is a different drug class entirely) it doesn't have meta analysis studies and huge scientific outcry against it being placebo.

What's most important is the pharmacokinetics of the drug. It doesn't matter if it's a pharmaceutical drug or a nootropic, if you look at the replication crisis, virtually every pharmaceutical drug for the last several decades (SSRIs, statins, Alzheimer's meds, etc) is shown to be ineffective at best and harmful at worst. Drugs are pushed through the FDA with a purposeful misconception such as plaques cause Alzheimer's or serotonin causes depression with low quality studies that can't be replicated because the goal isn't to cure your disease but to prolong it for cash.

1 in 6 Americans are on SSRIs, the suicide rate steadily increasing. People are getting fatter, weaker and more stupid and the pharma industry typically contributes to this. There's a few drugs that are great and save lives but iirc out of like 150 new drugs released since 2000, only like 7 could have their effects replicated and proven to not be placebo. SSRIs heavily fall into the placebo category.

Last edited:
schizo-whitepillmax

schizo-whitepillmax

Master of the Temple
Dec 10, 2023
I kinda developed it from antipsychotics use, it is weird because it is affecting my more autistic copes like gaming alone but talking with relatives feels more intersting.
It could also be a good thing because you can try more productive stuff like learning something from courses.

Activity
So far there's no one here