What's even there to enjoy or look forward to? (repost)

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
"Congrats, you haven't been born in some poor and starved third world country! To top it off, you have no major deformities or disabilities either!

Great, now what?

You must work a job till you die :)

I get so mad at people who claim to be self made whether starting a business, etc. That may be true to some extent but its only because they take advantage of the circumstances they were born in. Lets see how they fare if they are born in some random third world country with rampant poverty and seggs trafficking. Life was never fair and it never will be and no man has ever been created equal to another.

I don't know about you guys, but I WILL NEVER EVER FUCKING BE PROUD of any "accomplishments" I have here since its only because I was born somewhere better. I can't enjoy anything without ignoring all the suffering others have to endure here.

Enough of the third world countries, lets focus on the US. Why is there so much suffering, so much homelessness, so much drugs, etc. I've been to cities like Seattle and downtown LA and just see rows and rows of tents lined up. Places like Kensington, Philadelphia are so much worse. What an amazing god we have to allow much suffering.

People then turn to nature saying how beautiful the trees and flowers and waterfalls are. In reality, that's only a fraction of truly what nature is because everything has a dark side. Let me drop you off in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest or the Ocean for that matter and lets see how beautiful nature is for you. You're right in the fucking heart of it where you can die of thirst in the largest body of water! God has a real sense of humor for that one. Animals sometimes cannibalize their own kind. Did you also know that a hyena doesn't have sharp enough teeth to deliver a killing blow to any prey it catches alive, so most of the times, the prey gets eaten alive and endures a slow death. I don't remember the discovery channel mentioning this.

"This place is not run by a god, its the DEMIURGE!" you might say. Who the fuck created the demiurge? Isn't there an ultimate source of creation that was responsible for everything/totality? That ultimate source of creation we label as the one true god.

People might say that we are all fragments of that creation, etc. What the fuck does that even mean? Why would I ever agree to merge back with source when I don't even understand what source is. I just have a feeling that once you merge there's no going back. Can you get the egg yolks that have merged with the batter out of a baked cake?

Its just ridiculous that some of you guys talk about being positive or living/enjoying life similarly. What the fuck is there to enjoy? Going out to eat, going shopping, concerts, movies, etc? 99.999% of enjoyment that 99.999% of people go for is all matrix propogated shit. What am I supposed to do then? Turn to nature and enjoy the beautiful 5% part of it while ignoring the brutal 95% of it. The reality is there's hardly anyone to enjoy anything with because most people are fake.

Look I know this post sounded harsh or heavy but Im not against enjoying life here in this hellhole realm. I'm just asking what the fuck is there to enjoy for you guys?"

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
I think this is part of the reason why for years I keep looking for the perfect video game to scratch my itch.

I swear I wasted many hours a day, for YEARS, probably many thousands of hours in total, just SEARCHING for games.

Not even playing, barely played anything cause I get bored of everything. I delete shit after 5 minutes.

But I keep searching for a game to really complete me.

I feel like if I just get a perfect game I'll feel so satisfied. A 2d or top-down game with shitty graphics, permanent progress, that's all about collecting shit, grinding shit, and achieving shit. No idling, simple gameplay, just leveling shit up and progressing and collecting and filling up checklists and journals and shit. Like a Runescape but not Runescape cause I played the shit out of it and the magic is gone. Also too slow, I don't wanna spend years on it.

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
Its just ridiculous that some of you guys talk about being positive or living/enjoying life similarly. What the fuck is there to enjoy? Going out to eat, going shopping, concerts, movies, etc? 99.999% of enjoyment that 99.999% of people go for is all matrix propogated shit. What am I supposed to do then? Turn to nature and enjoy the beautiful 5% part of it while ignoring the brutal 95% of it.
First you realize that there isnt any inherent great meaning to life.

Then you try to ride it out as best as possible by doing what you truly want to do and enjoying the moments. It's as good as it gets. I wouldn't say I enjoy my life but I'm relatively content as of now. I wish I could NEET forever but sadly I can't. But you adapt. Life isn't great but it can be bearable

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
First you realize that there isnt any inherent great meaning to life.

Then you try to ride it out as best as possible by doing what you truly want to do and enjoying the moments. It's as good as it gets. I wouldn't say I enjoy my life but I'm relatively content as of now. I wish I could NEET forever but sadly I can't. But you adapt. Life isn't great but it can be bearable
Live would have been worth living if we didn't revolve our pursuits around material pleasures and fame.

Escapism such as movies, video games, and eating out is the norm for most people as we are not programmed to find our own fun out in the real world.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I woke up and I enjoyed a very delicious cup of tea and I'm relaxing in my chair with a comfy blanket over me. That's a few simple enjoyments, if you can't enjoy the simple things in life and spend all your time absorbing the misery of others or looking off far into the future and absorbing your own projected misery that hasn't even come yet, you will think life is 95% bad and 5% good. The world is chaotic, it's not good and it's not evil, there seems to be no grand plan other than to play out this chaos with some level of stability because of our brains that gives us an illusion it's not chaotic. There is very likely no Abrahamic God or spiritual overlord commanding people to act the way they do, it seems to be a complex series of biological reactions that we can only somewhat understand, countless and countless processes go on to give you your state of mind at the moment, there's no such thing as evil, only someone with a type of biology that's been tuned unknowingly to do what society doesn't want them to do. The same thing can be said of good, as most good doers are people tuned unknowingly to do good, they get a kick out of it.

What you can enjoy or look forward to is up to you, as much as it's possible if it even is, considering free will does not seem to exist in reality unless we change the definition of ourselves. For me, it's sipping on tea and posting this post :feelsthumb:

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
I woke up and I enjoyed a very delicious cup of tea and I'm relaxing in my chair with a comfy blanket over me. That's a few simple enjoyments, if you can't enjoy the simple things in life and spend all your time absorbing the misery of others or looking off far into the future and absorbing your own projected misery that hasn't even come yet, you will think life is 95% bad and 5% good. The world is chaotic, it's not good and it's not evil, there seems to be no grand plan other than to play out this chaos with some level of stability because of our brains that gives us an illusion it's not chaotic. There is very likely no Abrahamic God or spiritual overlord commanding people to act the way they do, it seems to be a complex series of biological reactions that we can only somewhat understand, countless and countless processes go on to give you your state of mind at the moment, there's no such thing as evil, only someone with a type of biology that's been tuned unknowingly to do what society doesn't want them to do. The same thing can be said of good, as most good doers are people tuned unknowingly to do good, they get a kick out of it.

What you can enjoy or look forward to is up to you, as much as it's possible if it even is, considering free will does not seem to exist in reality unless we change the definition of ourselves. For me, it's sipping on tea and posting this post :feelsthumb:
Bro I know this sounds corny as fuck but you're like my personal hero.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Bro I know this sounds corny as fuck but you're like my personal hero.
:feelslol: funny to imagine being seen like that since I'm just a random NEET but alright :feelsok: I'll accept this to boost my ego hard. I'm the personal hero of some ducks (whenever they're hungry and see me anyways) :feelscomfy: just took this video. These ducks have gotten so close to me physically I've patted them and they didn't mind :feelscute:

Kpwat

Kpwat

little man
Jun 1, 2023
I think this is part of the reason why for years I keep looking for the perfect video game to scratch my itch.

I swear I wasted many hours a day, for YEARS, probably many thousands of hours in total, just SEARCHING for games.

Not even playing, barely played anything cause I get bored of everything. I delete shit after 5 minutes.

But I keep searching for a game to really complete me.

I feel like if I just get a perfect game I'll feel so satisfied. A 2d or top-down game with shitty graphics, permanent progress, that's all about collecting shit, grinding shit, and achieving shit. No idling, simple gameplay, just leveling shit up and progressing and collecting and filling up checklists and journals and shit. Like a Runescape but not Runescape cause I played the shit out of it and the magic is gone. Also too slow, I don't wanna spend years on it.
I'm playing Suikoden 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in order, currently on the first one.

Amadeus

Amadeus

Elucidator
Apr 20, 2024
I find nature to be beautiful because it's a billions-of-years evolutionary arms race with so many intricacies it's like an art form. Everything in nature is a fractal; neurons, proteins, at basically every layer. There are many things we do not even understand, like on a fundamental level photosynthesis is not even fully understood. Scientists speculate that the efficiency of photosynthesis has something to do with quantum coherence, yet the issue is that these quantum states are way, way more stable than they could reasonably be at the temperature photosynthesis occurs at. Emerging research also pins this strangely stable quantum coherence as a potential mechanism for consciousness and higher-level thinking in the brain, increasingly less fringe science hints at microtubules acting as vectors for this abnormal coherence.

In many ways I find it's too reductive to dismiss life as completely meaningless. I did have a brief period of fatalism which inspired me to rebound and actually critically ponder about existence and meaning. The short answer is that the nature of reality is completely unclear and science itself is a mechanism for propaganda and should be treated as a tool and not a dogma. Things like the band-aid solution of dark matter and energy to explain huge holes in Einsteinian physics (Einstein is the atheist messiah), lack of understanding of what life and time actually are, the role of electromagnetism in physics being intentionally obscured by academia, the dissonance between quantum physics and general relativity, universal structures that formed before the big bang. Memory formation, subjective experience, protein folding, emergence, aging biology and electrobiology like the fractal transmitter nature of DNA and neurons that could give credence to fringe theories like remote viewing, telepathy and the like if you think of the brain as a transmitter-receiver. There are huge, gaping holes in what humanity actually understands about the world.

In my opinion a greater purpose to life is debatable. I think it's dismissive to say that there is no purpose when we don't understand fundamentals of reality. Atheists have spawned their own religion of science with themselves at the centre. Is the meaning of life to enjoy? My personal opinion is that we exist as a product of billions of years of semi-reinforcement learning, and thus our ability to 'suffer' and 'enjoy' are just tools for survival. Suffering is a great malady because it needs to be, otherwise we would blindly walk into suffering and die and our genes would not propagate, so those who avoided and feared suffering lived on and passed those genes and behaviours down. The same with joy - if people enjoyed life and were more likely to construct something out of that joy then they would've lived to breed and passed 'joy' down generations. Thinking through this, if one were to fall too long or too hard into 'joy' they would be distracted and die or not breed, so we can only feel joy as necessary to survive. However none of this is concrete because fundamentally the mechanisms behind 'emotion' and 'consciousness' and 'perception' are not fully understood.

Why so burned out? Postmodern society relies on an addiction economy which is frying everbody's nucelus accumbens/dopaminergic pathways. Humans are given free dopamine for sitting in place which completely dysregulates billions of years of building a system that starves you of dopamine so you seek 'joy' by actually doing shit like hunting and fucking. Unfortunately the deluge of free dopamine over-stimulates the nucleus accumbens so much to which the nucleus accumbens responds by downregulating dopamine making it harder to feel happy so you're apathetic and numb. What is there to look forward to? Absolutely nothing because late stage capitalism has meant corporations are free to hook children and adults alike onto several different equivalents of crack for profit that dysregulates your neurotransmitter pathways turning you into a numb husk. Ovah.

Last edited:
Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
I find nature to be beautiful because it's a billions-of-years evolutionary arms race with so many intricacies it's like an art form. Everything in nature is a fractal; neurons, proteins, at basically every layer. There are many things we do not even understand, like on a fundamental level photosynthesis is not even fully understood. Scientists speculate that the efficiency of photosynthesis has something to do with quantum coherence, yet the issue is that these quantum states are way, way more stable than they could reasonably be at the temperature photosynthesis occurs at. Emerging research also pins this strangely stable quantum coherence as a potential mechanism for consciousness and higher-level thinking in the brain, increasingly less fringe science hints at microtubules acting as vectors for this abnormal coherence.

In many ways I find it's too reductive to dismiss life as completely meaningless. I did have a brief period of fatalism which inspired me to rebound and actually critically ponder about existence and meaning. The short answer is that the nature of reality is completely unclear and science itself is a mechanism for propaganda and should be treated as a tool and not a dogma. Things like the band-aid solution of dark matter and energy to explain huge holes in Einsteinian physics (Einstein is the atheist messiah), lack of understanding of what life and time actually are, the role of electromagnetism in physics being intentionally obscured by academia, the dissonance between quantum physics and general relativity, universal structures that formed before the big bang. Memory formation, subjective experience, protein folding, emergence, aging biology and electrobiology like the fractal transmitter nature of DNA and neurons that could give credence to fringe theories like remote viewing, telepathy and the like if you think of the brain as a transmitter-receiver. There are huge, gaping holes in what humanity actually understands about the world.

In my opinion a greater purpose to life is debatable. I think it's dismissive to say that there is no purpose when we don't understand fundamentals of reality. Atheists have spawned their own religion of science with themselves at the centre. Is the meaning of life to enjoy? My personal opinion is that we exist as a product of billions of years of semi-reinforcement learning, and thus our ability to 'suffer' and 'enjoy' are just tools for survival. Suffering is a great malady because it needs to be, otherwise we would blindly walk into suffering and die and our genes would not propagate, so those who avoided and feared suffering lived on and passed those genes and behaviours down. The same with joy - if people enjoyed life and were more likely to construct something out of that joy then they would've lived to breed and passed 'joy' down generations. Thinking through this, if one were to fall too long or too hard into 'joy' they would be distracted and die or not breed, so we can only feel joy as necessary to survive.

Why so burned out? Postmodern society relies on an addiction economy which is frying everbody's nucelus accumbens/dopaminergic pathways. Humans are given free dopamine for sitting in place which completely dysregulates billions of years of building a system that starves you of dopamine so you seek 'joy' by actually doing shit like hunting and fucking. Unfortunately the deluge of free dopamine over-stimulates the nucleus accumbens so much to which the nucleus accumbens responds by decreasing the available dopamine receptors making it harder to feel happy so you're apathetic and numb. What is there to look forward to? Absolutely nothing because late stage capitalism has meant corporations are free to hook children and adults alike onto several different equivalents of crack for profit that dysregulates your neurotransmitter pathways turning you into a numb husk. Ovah.
Ignore my spergy vent thread I was having a little mental meltdown when I posted that, I dont think its that bad but things deff could be much better.

xinino

xinino

Oh my, everyone hate me.
Jul 3, 2024
Ignore my spergy vent thread I was having a little mental meltdown when I posted that, I dont think its that bad but things deff could be much better.
Congratulations you relieved the torment.

tacticalskeleton

tacticalskeleton

NEET
Jun 4, 2024
I think that every human need to find something that they really enjoy, autists are the people who are good at it.
It can be something from STEM or cartoon or trains, anything you are interested on.
The world is so materialistic and once you see how meaningless it is, It only get more and more emptier.
In world like that, you need to find even religious values in one of things that are appealing to you.

ShoelessSperg

ShoelessSperg

NEET
Feb 9, 2024
"Congrats, you haven't been born in some poor and starved third world country! To top it off, you have no major deformities or disabilities either!

Great, now what?

You must work a job till you die :)

I get so mad at people who claim to be self made whether starting a business, etc. That may be true to some extent but its only because they take advantage of the circumstances they were born in. Lets see how they fare if they are born in some random third world country with rampant poverty and seggs trafficking. Life was never fair and it never will be and no man has ever been created equal to another.

I don't know about you guys, but I WILL NEVER EVER FUCKING BE PROUD of any "accomplishments" I have here since its only because I was born somewhere better. I can't enjoy anything without ignoring all the suffering others have to endure here.

Enough of the third world countries, lets focus on the US. Why is there so much suffering, so much homelessness, so much drugs, etc. I've been to cities like Seattle and downtown LA and just see rows and rows of tents lined up. Places like Kensington, Philadelphia are so much worse. What an amazing god we have to allow much suffering.

People then turn to nature saying how beautiful the trees and flowers and waterfalls are. In reality, that's only a fraction of truly what nature is because everything has a dark side. Let me drop you off in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest or the Ocean for that matter and lets see how beautiful nature is for you. You're right in the fucking heart of it where you can die of thirst in the largest body of water! God has a real sense of humor for that one. Animals sometimes cannibalize their own kind. Did you also know that a hyena doesn't have sharp enough teeth to deliver a killing blow to any prey it catches alive, so most of the times, the prey gets eaten alive and endures a slow death. I don't remember the discovery channel mentioning this.

"This place is not run by a god, its the DEMIURGE!" you might say. Who the fuck created the demiurge? Isn't there an ultimate source of creation that was responsible for everything/totality? That ultimate source of creation we label as the one true god.

People might say that we are all fragments of that creation, etc. What the fuck does that even mean? Why would I ever agree to merge back with source when I don't even understand what source is. I just have a feeling that once you merge there's no going back. Can you get the egg yolks that have merged with the batter out of a baked cake?

Its just ridiculous that some of you guys talk about being positive or living/enjoying life similarly. What the fuck is there to enjoy? Going out to eat, going shopping, concerts, movies, etc? 99.999% of enjoyment that 99.999% of people go for is all matrix propogated shit. What am I supposed to do then? Turn to nature and enjoy the beautiful 5% part of it while ignoring the brutal 95% of it. The reality is there's hardly anyone to enjoy anything with because most people are fake.

Look I know this post sounded harsh or heavy but Im not against enjoying life here in this hellhole realm. I'm just asking what the fuck is there to enjoy for you guys?"
Being a nihilist is gay

P

poorcel

NEET
Oct 1, 2023
I think that every human need to find something that they really enjoy, autists are the people who are good at it.
It can be something from STEM or cartoon or trains, anything you are interested on.
The world is so materialistic and once you see how meaningless it is, It only get more and more emptier.
In world like that, you need to find even religious values in one of things that are appealing to you.
over for non autust

Activity
So far there's no one here