Discussion When were you introduced to anime?

Amadeus

Amadeus

AI
Apr 20, 2024
The first time I watched anime were those Naruto reuploads on YouTube, I watched the whole original on YT lmao.
The second anime I watched was Sword Art Online which my classmate recommended to me. That was the first time I actually understood that I was watching an 'anime'.

tacticalskeleton

tacticalskeleton

NEET
Jun 4, 2024
I don't think I was ever actually introduced into habit of watching the "Anime" Shows, because the only thing I've ever liked are Touhou which is "Anime Video game" and I don't know about anything else.
as a Japanese resident the Japanese style cartoon was always there since I was baby.

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
I used to watch random Naruto episodes on Saturday cartoon channels on TV, but I didn't even know what it was until much later when something told me Naruto was an anime, I asked what is an anime and they told me is like a japanese cartoon, so I decided to watch Naruto from scratch. I ended up catching up to the latest Naruto episode that had aired at the time ( like episode 300 something), and then I watched Bleach after I discovered it in a top 10 best animes youtube video. After Bleach and Naruto I stopped watching new stuff for a while and instead I would just watch AMV of Bleach and Naruto fights. Then when winter vacation came along I decided to start watching new stuff, so I watched another best animes youtube video and discovered Another and then also Highschool of the Dead. I watched both of them on the same day, and I enjoyed it so much that I spent the rest of winter vacation watching anime from the moment I woke up till the moment I went to sleep (at like 4 in the morning). I've been an anime fan ever since, althought I don't really watch all that much these days.

Activity
So far there's no one here