Discussion Where do you go for walks?

popcorn

popcorn

NEET
May 1, 2023
For the unemployed ones/the ones that work from home, you basically barely need to leave the house. So where do you go for walks? I imagine it'd feel weird to go for a walk alone and without any business, no goal. How does it work for you? How do you get motivated to go for walks and where to? Do you think they're necessary for one's sanity?

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Walk dog to fields, cemetery, park, shop or whatever. Walk to countryside very rarely, usually go for a ride rather than walk if i just want to get out for a bit and not walking dog. I ride to random places - big hills, forests, random parks further away, cities, interesting things i see on google maps.

J

Just a NEET

NEET
Oct 10, 2022
I don't go out for walks because the city where I live is dangerous.

thirdworldcel

thirdworldcel

NEET
Feb 22, 2023
Churches are the only clean, empty and dog free places and give out free lunch in my country.

Solitude

Solitude

Coping
Jan 5, 2021
I live next by to the mountains and forests so I often take walks there. Cities and suburbs in Norway are pretty dense so the forest and mountains won’t be far away even if you live in the middle of a town

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
around my room

O

OldAutEP

NEET
Jul 31, 2023
For where to go there are those apps Ingress and Pokemon Go and lots of other.
One other thing is to get a timer watch so you can measure how much you are walking.
Your body basically needs 30 mins a day minimum for health but that is too much in the beginning.
Start with one minute a day and fail at that. Very important to fail at the first try. Motivates you.
I find it fun to log my walks in a spreadsheet so I feel that I have accomplished something.
The spreadshhet also make it into a fun little game where I try to beat my old average a little every month or week or whatever.

Remember to fail at the first attempt so you get over your fear of failure.
It is difficult not to improve after you have realised you are the lazy bum that couldn't even keep a 1 minute average over a one weeks period.

Activity
So far there's no one here