Discussion Does anyone here unironically, seriously enjoy the THC edible meme? Like, how do you not fucking feel like you're dying while on that nigger shit?

• Thread starter Officer KD6-3.7
  • Start date
O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
>"You're in the wrong headspace bro.""

>"Just relax bro, it's all in your head! Nobody has ever died from weed duuuuuuuuuud!"

>"Just breath in and out bro."

Now, don't get me wrong, smoking weed sparingly, by itself, is not a bad experience by any means, far from it.
But, I fell for the edible meme five times in a row; each time, like clockwork, I felt like I was dying. Unsurprisingly, the first time that I was high on edibles, I handled it extremely poorly. This was in spite of me being high numerous times in the past and getting completely over the initial shock of being in a completely foreign head/body space for the first time. But, then again, I did take like 200mg the first time I ate an edible, so that's completely understandable.
Yet, like fucking repeat, every single time I take an edible since then--it doesn't matter if it's 2.5mg or 25mg THC--I always feel like I'm on the precipice of death. I thought that if I were to keep on taking it that I'll 'just get over it bro' but I can't.
An edible high, for me, is like a normal weed high but with all the worst aspects amplified and all best aspects reduced.
A normal weed high gives me tons of cool random thoughts, mental imagery, the uncanny ability to connect seemingly unrelated things with a common thread; as well as a cool third-person feeling with an fov-increased perspective. Moreover, colors are deeper, sounds are louder and fuller, everything is just generally more appetizing and interesting, including food of course. While simultaneously the world feels like a utterly surreal lucid dream wherein you feel like a cartoonish, overly-animated caricature. So, it's cool, in that regard.
I mean, when I'm traditionally high on weed, I can literally just lay down, feel like I'm floating, close my eyes, and watch a panorama of vivid mental imagery unfold while being completely relaxed. Nothing usually ever goes wrong.
Whereas on an edible high, everything just goes completely wrong. Not only does it just increases my heartrate by like what feels to be 100 bpm but it makes me overly paranoid but also completely susceptible to any negative thought loops while also making me intensely aware of every single negative bodily sensation (like your heart racing) and any negative mental thought. Which is not good because ten times out of ten you'll be experiencing anxiety on this shit which comes with a host of its own body and mind affecting symptoms.
Not only that, but edibles increase your chances of developing a heartburn, so in conjunction with possibly that and an increased bpm, heightened anxiety, etc, while being acutely aware of all your bodily sensations you're just bound to feel like you're dying.

Like is this shit just an utter fucking meme or perhaps I need to megadose on CBD beforehand/take a cbd/thc edible?

Last edited:
O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
I never liked edibles either because of that, even vaping makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack a lot of the times.
When on edibles, I can literally feel my heart pounding and racing while not even touching it.
I don't know if it's acid reflux, a side effect of anxiety or what, but I tend to get this this slight chess pain with this fluttery sensation (heart palpations[?]) whenever I'm high on that shit too.

Last edited:
Robtical

Robtical

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
When on edibles, I can literally feel my heart pounding and racing while not even touching it.
I don't know if it's acid reflux, a side effect of anxiety or what, but I tend to get this this slight chess pain with this fluttery sensation (heart palpations[?]) whenever I'm high on that shit too.
I thought it was palpitations too, I have to stand up and walk around to try to make it stop. When I have edibles it lasts for over an hour, but with smoking it only lasts a few minutes.

O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
I thought it was palpitations too, I have to stand up and walk around to try to make it stop. When I have edibles it lasts for over an hour, but with smoking it only lasts a few minutes.
Noted. :feelsstudy:

Magonia

Magonia

REPORT ALL FREESPEECH NAZIS
Jan 2, 2022
Tldr

I am long gone from ganja culture

Made hash oil. No not the real stuff but the infused cooking oil. It was on some next level shit. I described it like thc lsd. Just one drop.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Distillate or full spectrum? I had some distillate ones once which I preferred. Much more of a wakeful giggly high compared to the normal ones. I just had a coffee with about 1g of hash mixed in it after waking up and am coming up now.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
I've eaten cookies and cake but i prefer smoking it instead, edibles for me are slow, the effect migh last longer but takes time to get you high.

O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
Distillate or full spectrum? I had some distillate ones once which I preferred. Much more of a wakeful giggly high compared to the normal ones. I just had a coffee with about 1g of hash mixed in it after waking up and am coming up now.
Distillate ones. How much THC are in the ones you ate?

O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
I've eaten cookies and cake
I usually prefer the candy varieties, because you can more easily segment them into specific dosages.
prefer smoking it instead, edibles for me are slow,
I much prefer smoking it instead, without a question.
the effect migh last longer but takes time to get you high.
Yeah, I don't know, edibles tend to hit me relatively quickly: within 20 minutes at minimum and steadily increases in intensity.
The high itself lasts for fucking hours, much more than 4 hours which was what I read. That might be because of my tolerance, however.

O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
Within an hour. Most times I bought edibles I was either scammed or they weren't as strong as I hoped so I just ate the pack and was fine
>scammed or they weren't as strong
Probably? I can feel noticeably high eating something with merely 2.5mg THC (it's not placebo either). Then again, this is probably due to my tolerance or perhaps I'm just genetically sensitive to the shit. To put it in perspective: 25mg THC, for me, is the point of no return.
So, consuming 300mg of THC in one sitting sounds absolutely ridiculous and should undoubtedly have you floored. Also, I live in a state in the US where marijuana is legalized for recreational use. So, I know exactly what I'm getting.

Activity
So far there's no one here