Interview with a former hobomaxxer, @magonia

patientfrog

patientfrog

NEET Royalty
Apr 21, 2022
@Magonia has said he was a former hobomaxxer. i thought it would be interesting for us to hear his story. a few questions with possible followup after he answers:

-how long were you a hobomaxxer for?
-what led you into this way of life?
-how did you eat/sleep/live?
-what were people's reaction to your state in life?
-any screwed up stories you'd like to share?
-how did you get out of it, and what do you do with yourself these days?
-after this experience, anything you think us neets(and wannabes) should know?

if you would, answer as and if you see fit. more followup questions may happen.

Last edited:
Magonia

Magonia

REPORT ALL FREESPEECH NAZIS
Jan 2, 2022
Thanks for creating this interview @patientfrog I am sure I will enjoy informing this community on a way of life that I believe is overlooked by Neets at least as far as something to aspire for.

-how long were you a hobomaxxer for?

I been hobomaxing on and off since I was 13 im 39 now

Id do it a few times a week as a teen living with my single mom
I Lived in a homeless camp for a year
I would also go be homeless in the city for a while here and there occasionally throughout my life
Some people consider staying on a couch or with a gf not paying anything is also homeless and I did that alot

-what led you into this way of life?

My mom was pulling some shit like "If bla bla bla you can go sleep on the street" or something like that and i was sooo hoping shed give me this ultimatum because my mom is such an idiotic narcissist I actually thought of killing her as a child so I wouldent have to deal with her my whole life and I could then live with anyone else.

-how did you eat/sleep/live?

It really wasnt that bad being homeless back then. In the 90's you didnt need to even spare change for food if you wanted. I could just walk around looking for coins. Tacos were only 29 cents at del taco and you can easily find enough for a taco or two every day.
Now that im an adult there is food stamps and so many charities. Worst part about homeless diet is no place to cook and dietary restrictions can be very inconvenient

As a teen I would sleep in abandoned buildings mostly. As an adult im more inclined towards homeless camps, parks, and sometimes around or near some commercial property where nobody would notice

-what were people's reaction to your state in life?

I believe its highly positive. If you are homeless people will invite you to there place and can become friends but If you lived with your parents, you would never talk and if you did you would not as likely have the chance to make a friend. People who live their parents are lower in the social caste system than the homeless

-any screwed up stories you'd like to share?

i donno

-how did you get out of it, and what do you do with yourself these days?

My mom invited me over because it was cold and and never drove me back. She treats me like she hates that im there and then I tell her im leaving she says I leave when she needs me the most. Its just some bullshit she wanted to save face giving me a place to stay so she cant say her son is homeless. I got on SSI now I decided to stay here and she decided to move. I thought id have the motivation to get something done now that i have so much time and money but I can barely keep this place clean enough.

-after this experience, anything you think us neets(and wannabes) should know?
In the USA you are seen as lower class than a homeless person if you live with your parents. Well unless your parents are going to share an upper middle class lifestyle with you then it might be ok i dunno. Just because you are homeless it does not mean you need to be like a living horror show of poverty. Sometimes its just a costume to get money from people anyways. I would keep a suit and tie in my backpack sometimes. sure its not a fitted suit and stuff and it might look tainted with a hint of unkempt homelessness but you can make hobo life look good. You can use the water from McDonalds to clean yourself of no place else. dont let society chain you down. you are free

Activity
So far there's no one here