Those with no goals, ambition, motivation or drive...(avolition )

• Thread starter Potato Monastery
  • Start date
Potato Monastery

Potato Monastery

The 45yo Gandmaster of Suffering. Incel 4 life.
Oct 4, 2022

Hi all I'm new to the forum. I've been NEET since the age of 29, i'm 44 now. Like some of you I fell through the cracks in my early mid-twenties. I trained at college as a graphic designer in the middle late 1990's but nobody would hire me. I spent the ages 20-29 working in supermarkets just staking shelves, warehouse work.... all minimum wage repetitive stuff, all while renting a tiny one bedroomed flat in a rough area of the UK. It grinded me down and I became seriously depressed and low mood. I was bullied at college and university for looking young and being unattractive...which gave me ptsd. I've had appearance discrimination at work, it completely through off the rails and I developed a mental illness (I dont like that word... but i became unable to focus or keep a routine). I've never dated either, as slim (non-fat) normal-looking women don't find me attractive; the lack of any romantic prospects also was a huge blow to my drive, ambition, sense of happiness etc.​

I was put into an asylum for 6 months at 30 due to being hysterical and deemed unfit to work. I suffer from PTSD and hf aspergers as well as a hormonal imbalance that requires daily thyroid medication. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. I'm not obese.​

I own my own house and manage to cook, clean and grocery shop but that's about it. I sleep a lot (up to 13-15 hrs per day) and mostly just browse the internet, go out for groceries and sit in a cafe for 2 hours just people watching (twice a week) and clean the house. I hardly watch the TV as nothing really interests me unless there's a World Cup soccer on or some documentary about neanderthals ,etc. I even have a home gym in the spare bedroom with bench, power rack and 180kg of olympic weights. I hardly use them, just gather dust.​

I have no motivation to do the things I use to enjoy: digital art (photoshop, illustrator), painting with watercolour, cycling, photography, gym, gardening, antiques, flea markets, getting my drivers license. and much more. Even showering is difficult. I believe its a condition called avolition or anhedonia.. I dunno, it just feels i'm not living....im just killing time.

O

Ogrecel

1 Year 2 Months NEET 105 IQ
Sep 23, 2022
I feel like neets arent as greedy as wagies i dont think people who work or do things like that are really morally and emotionally motivated sure some might love their jobs but unless they are getting payed bc of their creativity its just learning repetitive stuff or using others to get ahead which sucks ass unless they cope with the people around them

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

neet for almost 9 yrs never worked hand atrophy
Dec 12, 2021

Hi all I'm new to the forum. I've been NEET since the age of 29, i'm 44 now. Like some of you I fell through the cracks in my early mid-twenties. I trained at college as a graphic designer in the middle late 1990's but nobody would hire me. I spent the ages 20-29 working in supermarkets just staking shelves, warehouse work.... all minimum wage repetitive stuff, all while renting a tiny one bedroomed flat in a rough area of the UK. It grinded me down and I became seriously depressed and low mood. I was bullied at college and university for looking young and being unattractive...which gave me ptsd. I've had appearance discrimination at work, it completely through off the rails and I developed a mental illness (I dont like that word... but i became unable to focus or keep a routine). I've never dated either, as slim (non-fat) normal-looking women don't find me attractive; the lack of any romantic prospects also was a huge blow to my drive, ambition, sense of happiness etc.​

I was put into an asylum for 6 months at 30 due to being hysterical and deemed unfit to work. I suffer from PTSD and hf aspergers as well as a hormonal imbalance that requires daily thyroid medication. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. I'm not obese.​

I own my own house and manage to cook, clean and grocery shop but that's about it. I sleep a lot (up to 13-15 hrs per day) and mostly just browse the internet, go out for groceries and sit in a cafe for 2 hours just people watching (twice a week) and clean the house. I hardly watch the TV as nothing really interests me unless there's a World Cup soccer on or some documentary about neanderthals ,etc. I even have a home gym in the spare bedroom with bench, power rack and 180kg of olympic weights. I hardly use them, just gather dust.​

I have no motivation to do the things I use to enjoy: digital art (photoshop, illustrator), painting with watercolour, cycling, photography, gym, gardening, antiques, flea markets, getting my drivers license. and much more. Even showering is difficult. I believe its a condition called avolition or anhedonia.. I dunno, it just feels i'm not living....im just killing time.
How do you own your own house? Inheritance?

Nameless_sunflower

Nameless_sunflower

NEET
Sep 19, 2022
sounds lonely
not saying you should buy a pet but maybe call family on the phone more
even therapy can be nice you can vent to someone

PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Gothicc Hoes
Jun 11, 2022
drink up mate. It’s over
2B003A06 46A4 41C2 9E18 3DB556A29035

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Sorry to hear about your situation. Man those kind of oldcel posts are so hard to read because it shows that life doesnt get any better. It only gets more miserable and depressing and there is no happy ending waiting at the end.

frightfulcel

frightfulcel

Such deceit, such mischief hsssssk
Sep 9, 2022
And I think im old in my early 20's. Just do what makes you happy man because in the end we all die anyway. Maybe do something good in this cruel world. Its not like you have much to look forward to at your age.

Activity
So far there's no one here