Venting "You'll be ok; you have plenty of time; you'll figure things out"

rainghost

rainghost

NEET
Oct 21, 2022
I got this advice a lot as a teenager and even in my early 20's. Normally in response to a question asked out of anxiety about the future. Not being able to see a future, period; having no direction in life; feeling lost; obsessing about the past; having extremely low self esteem; and so on.

I think this is about the worst advice you can give a young person, and yet I still see people saying this. There's so much life advice one *could* give. Like, how to lower your expectations of people (so you don't resent them and end up burning your bridges), how to avoid burnout, how to cope with stress and anxiety...

It's just frustrating. I wish I trusted my own judgement more, before things became too late.

BloatmaxxManlet2022

BloatmaxxManlet2022

Be the king of bulking
Nov 13, 2021
I got this advice a lot as a teenager and even in my early 20's. Normally in response to a question asked out of anxiety about the future. Not being able to see a future, period; having no direction in life; feeling lost; obsessing about the past; having extremely low self esteem; and so on.

I think this is about the worst advice you can give a young person, and yet I still see people saying this. There's so much life advice one *could* give. Like, how to lower your expectations of people (so you don't resent them and end up burning your bridges), how to avoid burnout, how to cope with stress and anxiety...

It's just frustrating. I wish I trusted my own judgement more, before things became too late.
As a older man, my tip is literally do what you want. You literally live one life and then you’re worm meat. That means you’re mistakes don’t matter, bad deeds etc. so do everything you enjoy and have a blast. Air in your lungs is a extreme probability and so is your birth. Have fun amigo

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
My advice, you never have enough time, you will wake up one day and be in your late 30', 40's etc and will be over already.
Enjoy your time now while you are young that's what most of us try to do, it's not always working but never get into the boomer mindset that you have time.

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
"Just do what you enjoy. Live life, carpe diem"
...Ok but what if you dont enjoy anything anymore?

O

Officer KD6-3.7

NEET
Nov 28, 2020

Activity
So far there's no one here