Media Watching anime makes me depressed

UglyBastard

UglyBastard

People die when they are killed
Mar 28, 2023
Everytime I watch anime I feel bad because I remember how shitty my life is. I know what you'll say, life ain't anime. I know that, but normal people have friends, family, job, have some happy interludes. Me, on the other hand, never had any of this.
I can't find happiness while watching anime and reading manga because it always reminds me of how miserable my life is. I don't enjoy playing vidya anymore. The only thing that keeps me from going crazy is listening to music, but even music sometimes is awful to listen. Is this how things are supposed to be? Will I really end up hating everything and everyone? What would one do in order to achieve momentary happiness in life?
I am neither sad nor happy, I'm apathetic towards life. I don't feel the urge to kill myself, but gotta be honest, what's the point in living such a unsightly life?

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
I am neither sad nor happy, I'm apathetic towards life. I don't feel the urge to kill myself, but gotta be honest, what's the point in living such a unsightly life?
whats your problem then, if that is indeed the case? the whole point of life is that there is no point and there is nothing you can do to change it. just try to ride it out as best as possible - there are different ways. if you cant socialize then try asceticism-maxxing

UglyBastard

UglyBastard

Mar 28, 2023
life ain't anime man. take it easy
I don't want to be a harem MC, I just want some happiness. I don't even want to marry, have kids etc, I just want to have a glimpse of joy. I see a lot of NEETs here talking about how they are having fun playing the ${current_game_name} or watching the ${current_anime_name}. The problem is that none of this makes me feel good anymore. There is nothing that I can consume and feel happy after it.

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
I don't want to be a harem MC, I just want some happiness. I don't even want to marry, have kids etc, I just want to have a glimpse of joy. I see a lot of NEETs here talking about how they are having fun playing the ${current_game_name} or watching the ${current_anime_name}. The problem is that none of this makes me feel good anymore. There is nothing that I can consume and feel happy after it.
try dopamine fasting, its legit. its supposed to make such activities enjoyable again

UglyBastard

UglyBastard

Mar 28, 2023

That's a very materialistic point of view. He's saying that you will be happy if you do your job and be productive, but I'm a fucking NEET. I don't do work, I can't talk to people. The only job I thought I was cut out for was programming, but after getting an internship and almost having a stroke because of social interaction I simply gave up.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
That's a very materialistic point of view. He's saying that you will be happy if you do your job and be productive, but I'm a fucking NEET. I don't do work, I can't talk to people. The only job I thought I was cut out for was programming, but after getting an internship and almost having a stroke because of social interaction I simply gave up.
i know im just trolling but i do agree with him not making your life about happiness and if your good at programming just do that all day there is noting else to do and you dont need social interaction just make malware in your moms basement and destroy the internet

Cope_Time

Cope_Time

162.19.153.102 join now!
Nov 27, 2020
also it got best device support, good luck using bsd

UglyBastard

UglyBastard

Mar 28, 2023
calling it linux is easier tbh
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Cope_Time

Cope_Time

162.19.153.102 join now!
Nov 27, 2020
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
i use alpine linux
Rare hd pepe

Kpwat

Kpwat

little man
Jun 1, 2023
I remember the only time I was depressed was because of anime. Right before high school I had watched one anime, Orange.
MV5BZWY4NjFjMzktZTg0Mi00YWFiLWFhYjgtNzljMzQ2MmFmZDFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM V1

And I had a plan for high school, to make it like that, a nice group, three girl friends and three boy friends, inseparable forever. But in the end I didn't make friends, neither boys nor girls.

UglyBastard

UglyBastard

Mar 28, 2023
NO FUCK NO i hate you for saying this i hate you for saying thisisssdjdki328939mdxkzol
Look at the brightside, they will join us as NEETs.

Activity
So far there's no one here