Discussion Whats the incel obsession with anime? Never understood the appeal..

Lordgoro

Lordgoro

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
Nov 1, 2022
Perhaps someone articulate and insightful can explain its appeal within the incel community? Ever anime ive attempted to watch seemed common crap, like an obsession with anything asian, without being anything really good. Its like the cartoon version of RAP music to me. Id rather tear my ears out than listen. So please explain the appeal?

SpacersChoice

SpacersChoice

It's not the best choice, its spacers choice
Apr 16, 2023
The plot is mature enough, the visuals are appealing, there's a novelty to it since it's foreign, knowing you I think you'd like deathnote since it's not childish like 99% of anime out there and probably the one anime I'd ever recommend if you had to watch one anime.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
Perhaps someone articulate and insightful can explain its appeal within the incel community? Ever anime ive attempted to watch seemed common crap, like an obsession with anything asian, without being anything really good. Its like the cartoon version of RAP music to me. Id rather tear my ears out than listen. So please explain the appeal?
Watching anime is a mainstream hobby nowadays, incels that are watching anime are the minority in anime communities.
They like it for the same reason you for example , like Star Wars, bc different ppl like watching different stuff.

NekoRightsActivist

NekoRightsActivist

NEET
Jan 25, 2023
Why? You probably think of those shitty ecchi animes but those are mainly targeted at Japanese wageslaves who work until nightfall. That's why they aired at midnight so NPCs can have their daily copes so they can continue slaving for their recycled toilet and apartment loans.

Nameless_sunflower

Nameless_sunflower

NEET
Sep 19, 2022
433 4330138 love live rin funny

KaiserWilhelmll

KaiserWilhelmll

Employed
Sep 3, 2021
It appeals to a certain age group when you are no longer a child but not quite fully adult either. I. E. more mature themes and content than western cartoons. And the medium allows for expression of art and storytelling that is not possible in live action.

Lordgoro

Lordgoro

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
Nov 1, 2022
It appeals to a certain age group when you are no longer a child but not quite fully adult either. I. E. more mature themes and content than western cartoons. And the medium allows for expression of art and storytelling that is not possible in live action.
You've explained it well. I don't see the appeal cause I want my cartoons to make me Laugh, and the examples of anime I've seen in the past were too serious, and so not worth my time. I grew up on bugs bunny, daffy duck, Marvin Martian, Elmer fudd, the Simpsons, etc.. So thats what appeals to me, animated shows that make me laugh like a loony, but "anime" lacks that for me. Makes sense now thanks...

Activity
So far there's no one here